Duplicate Posts on TracFone Thread: A Win7 Migration Worry?

• Suggestion
  • Thread starter turbo
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a user starting a rant thread on TracFone, accidentally posting it twice, and trying to delete one of the posts. They discover that regular users do not have the ability to delete their own threads, as it is a privilege reserved for Mentors. The user expresses concern that their recent computer upgrade may have affected their abilities, but another user reassures them that everything is fine.
turbo
Gold Member
I started a (rant) thread about TracFone and somehow it ended up being posted twice. When I attempted to delete one of them, there was no "delete" option.

Physics news on Phys.org
Greg Bernhardt said:
Ban Him! :D
:rofl:

Ack!

That's because deleting threads is something Mentors do. It's about the only fun we have here, so there will be no Delete button for regular users. So there.

(You get to use the Report button as your Delete button) :smile:

berkeman said:
That's because deleting threads is something Mentors do. It's about the only fun we have here, so there will be no Delete button for regular users. So there.

(You get to use the Report button as your Delete button) :smile:
Thanks. I didn't know that. I was worried that my recent migration to Win7 might have screwed me up, somehow.

(Either that, or I somehow ended up in double-secret probation!)

Last edited:
turbo said:
I was worried that my recent migration to Win7 might have screwed me up, somehow.

Have faith my man. :smile:

1. What causes duplicate posts?

Duplicate posts are typically caused by technical errors, such as a glitch in the system or internet connectivity issues. They can also be the result of user error, such as accidentally hitting the submit button multiple times.

2. Can duplicate posts be harmful?

In most cases, duplicate posts are harmless. However, they can be annoying or confusing for other users and may clutter up the website or database. In some cases, duplicate posts can also be seen as spam.

3. How can duplicate posts be prevented?

To prevent duplicate posts, it is important to double check before submitting a post and to ensure that there are no technical issues. Additionally, website developers can implement measures such as limiting the number of submissions from a single user within a certain time frame.

4. What should I do if I accidentally post something twice?

If you accidentally post something twice, the best course of action is to delete one of the duplicate posts. This will help to prevent confusion and clutter on the website or database. If you are unable to delete the post, you can reach out to the website administrator for assistance.

5. Can duplicate posts be removed by the website administrator?

Yes, the website administrator has the ability to remove duplicate posts. They can also implement measures to prevent duplicate posts from occurring in the future. However, it is important for users to also take responsibility and be mindful of their posts to help prevent duplicates.