Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Can't Find a Nintendo Wii

1. Nov 21, 2006 #1
    Kinda frustrated with the release...Nintendo had originally said they'd have 4 million units in stores by Christmas. I just called a Target and they told me that they won't be getting any more until AFTER Christmas. I hate this limited supply crap... :)

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 21, 2006 #2

Pyrrhus

Homework Helper

Tell me about it, and imagine me who live in the Caribbean i'll probably have to wait til february.

4. Nov 21, 2006 #3

Mk

I really like the commercial. :smile:

5. Nov 21, 2006 #4
    I still have my nintendo, with the gun and run pad.

[​IMG]

6. Nov 21, 2006 #5
    The Nintendo Wii is awesome :P

its got a sec or 2 delay in the motion, but it still rocks :D
    i liked that fighting / Shooting game which i don't recall the name of. >.<

7. Nov 21, 2006 #6

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Ooh, Donkey Kong! Now that's what I call a video game! :approve: :biggrin: (It's probably also the last video game I've played. :shy:)

Edit: Oh, wait, now I just made out the label on the left...Duck Hunt! I loved that game! I liked how the ducks turned into roasted ducks with a big band-aid when you shot them. :rofl:

So, Nintendo Wii is a real game? I thought it was just something made up on that South Park episode. :rofl:

8. Nov 21, 2006 #7
    Lol duck hunt was indeed awesome. Mario bros was the best though. Those were the days :frown:

9. Nov 21, 2006 #8
    I doubt there is going to be any shortage in Australia. Simply because there is a lot less people buying here. There were no problems with the Xbox 360 here either.

10. Nov 21, 2006 #9

JamesU

Gold Member

so do I:uhh:

is this bad?

11. Nov 21, 2006 #10

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Nah, that's why we let you hang out with us old folks. :wink: :biggrin:

12. Nov 21, 2006 #11

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I just bought a Nintend Wii on eBay for $1600. I get two games with it too.

13. Nov 21, 2006 #12
    Jeezus, and you're complaining about being poor??

14. Nov 21, 2006 #13
    Would've been cheaper to goto Australia and buy it from there, we won't be having shortages.

15. Nov 22, 2006 #14
    I hope you're kidding...

16. Nov 23, 2006 #15
    What a waste of money, just waiting 2 months more you could buy the xbox360, ps3 and the wii with that money. :surprised

17. Nov 24, 2006 #16
    seriously, 1600 can get you a pretty darn good computer, with graphics cards and CPU way more powerful than the Wii... Anyway, If you are happy, its all worth it.

18. Feb 16, 2007 #17

Evo

Staff: Mentor

WE had a pizza party at work yesterday and someone brought their Wii. ($250.00) We set it up to project onto a wall size screen, it was awesome! The players were life size.

We had two controllers so we got to play in pairs. One girl was running toward the screen like she was in a real bowling alley. It was a lot of fun.

At least with this game you need to move around some.

19. Feb 16, 2007 #18
    That game controller is so hard to use. I was getting by butt kicked by a 15 year old....stupid kids.

20. Feb 16, 2007 #19
    awesome, friends of mine have broke 3 lampshades and a tv playing it but it is truly awesome. Zelda is once again the best game out there.

21. Feb 16, 2007 #20
    Yeah it's the difference that makes it fun(slamming your arm into your mates foot by mistake etc) With computer games before the Wii you were stationary and it was all about your digits, now you have to use your whole arm, and it works better with your whole body so you can get a good shot in the bowling alley. ok it's not real bowling, but it's a really fun alternative. Tried it with a huge amount of pins? Now that's odd.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?