Can't get original format of a picture

In summary, the conversation is about using a fingerprint sensor with a vb.net application via a USB port. The person is having trouble getting the original format of the captured picture, which should be bmp format with specific dimensions and resolution. The sample code provided by the vendor uses a random integer number for the picture. The person is looking for assistance in keeping the original format of the captured image and is considering using a program like Jasc Paint Shop Pro to change the format.
sscome
Help! Its URGENT! I'm using u.are.u 4000 fingerprint sensor to link with my vb.net application via the USB port. I can't get the original format of the picture captured via that device. The original format of the captured picture should be bmp format, 500 width and 550 height, 700 resolution. But, What i get is a png format, 105 width and 137 height with 96 only for resolution.

This is the sample code provided by the vendor in vb:

Private Sub RegSample_RegSample(SamplePicture As stdole.Picture, CurFingerIndex As Integer)
Image1(CurFingerIndex).Picture = SamplePicture
End Sub

I found that value for "SamplePicture" is an integer random number, for example, 671419403, -1475865658 and so on. I'm stuck here. Anyone can help me to get or keep the original format of the captured image?

I really pray to get valuable replies and assistance from anyone who have knowledge about this. Its urgent!...thanks

Computer science news on Phys.org
I would suggest installing a program such as Jasc Paint Shop Pro- this program has the ability to read and change the format of any picture you would just need to open the file then "save as" and you will see how you can scroll through the index of formats all are there good luck

Hello,

I understand your frustration and urgency in trying to obtain the original format of your captured picture. It seems like the code provided by the vendor is not giving you the desired results and you are stuck with random integer numbers.

Firstly, I would suggest reaching out to the vendor for technical support as they would be the best resource for resolving any issues with their product. They may have specific instructions or code samples that can help you obtain the original format of the picture.

If you are unable to get a response from the vendor, you can try researching online for any forums or communities related to the u.are.u 4000 fingerprint sensor and vb.net applications. There may be other users who have faced similar issues and have found a solution that they can share with you.

Another option would be to try different code samples or libraries that are available for working with fingerprint sensors. It may require some trial and error, but you may be able to find a solution that works for you.

In the meantime, you can also try converting the png format to bmp format using online tools or image editing software. This may not give you the exact specifications of 500 width, 550 height, and 700 resolution, but it may be a temporary workaround until you can find a permanent solution.

I hope this helps and you are able to get the original format of your captured picture. Best of luck!

1. Can I recover the original format of a picture if it has been edited or compressed?

Yes, it is possible to recover the original format of a picture even if it has been edited or compressed. However, this process may not always be successful and the quality of the recovered image may be reduced.

2. How does editing or compression affect the original format of a picture?

Editing or compression alters the original format of a picture by changing its size, resolution, and/or file type. This can result in a loss of quality and information from the original image.

3. Are there any tools or software that can help me retrieve the original format of a picture?

Yes, there are various tools and software available that can help you restore the original format of a picture. These include image editing programs, file conversion software, and specialized recovery software.

4. Is it possible to retrieve the original format of a picture if it has been converted to a different file type?

Yes, it is possible to retrieve the original format of a picture even if it has been converted to a different file type. However, the success of this process will depend on various factors such as the quality of the conversion and the tools used for recovery.

5. Is there a way to prevent loss of the original format when editing or compressing a picture?

There are certain measures that can be taken to minimize the loss of the original format when editing or compressing a picture. These include using lossless compression techniques and making backups of the original image before making any edits or compressions.