Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Bug Can't post in Homework forum

1. Jul 9, 2016 #1
    This forum is worthless for me. i can't post my homework here.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 9, 2016 #2

SteamKing

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Of course you can't post your HW here! This isn't the place for that!

There's a whole set of HW forums at PF where you can post HW questions. It's called "Homework and Coursework Questions" under "Science Education" right at the top of the site.

There are special rules for posting HW questions that PF asks its members to follow. Fill out the HW template when asking a new question and show some effort at a solution.

4. Jul 9, 2016 #3

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

You can certainly post your homework here, provided you post them in the correct forum and follow the rules, as noted above. However, we won't simply give you the answers. You have to show your attempt at the answer (and your working or explanations), and then someone will probably be able to tell you whether you got it right, or find your errors so you can re-work it.

5. Jul 9, 2016 #4
    I am already trying to post there. It says.. you are not logged in or you don't have permission to post

6. Jul 9, 2016 #5

Borek

Are you using a PC or a mobile?

7. Jul 9, 2016 #6
    I m using android physics forum app

8. Jul 9, 2016 #7
    @Boek... i posted successfully via browser. The problem was in app. It was so annoying. Thanks for the hint..

9. Jul 9, 2016 #8

Borek

That's unfortunate, but the app doesn't insert the required template into the HW posts, so it had to be blocked.

10. Jul 9, 2016 #9

Nugatory

I've taken the liberty of changing the thread title.

11. Jul 9, 2016 #10
    Thanks.. my words are completely misleading. I want to edit. But i can't. I mean the app is worthless for me. As i can't post my homework there. Which is very important for me. Infact it is the best forum. Can't ask for more better than it already is. Thanks

12. Jul 9, 2016 #11

jtbell

I've installed the app myself and have played with it a little, but when I need to visit Physics Forums on my phone, I much prefer to use a web browser. That gives me access to all the features that I'm used to having when I visit PF on my desktop computer as I normally do.

13. Jul 11, 2016 #12
    Post your homework using a desktop or tablet or via phone but browser.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted