How can I post my homework on the forum using different devices?

• Bug
  • Thread starter Magnetic Boy
  • Start date
In summary: Overall, it's a great forum for asking and answering questions, as long as you follow the rules and show effort in your homework questions. In summary, this forum is a valuable resource for homework help, but it must be used properly and with effort put into posting questions.
Magnetic Boy
This forum is worthless for me. i can't post my homework here.

Physics news on Phys.org
Magnetic Boy said:
This forum is worthless for me. i can't post my homework here.
Of course you can't post your HW here! This isn't the place for that!

There's a whole set of HW forums at PF where you can post HW questions. It's called "Homework and Coursework Questions" under "Science Education" right at the top of the site.

There are special rules for posting HW questions that PF asks its members to follow. Fill out the HW template when asking a new question and show some effort at a solution.

Likes cdsandstuff and 1oldman2
Magnetic Boy said:
i can't post my homework here.
You can certainly post your homework here, provided you post them in the correct forum and follow the rules, as noted above. However, we won't simply give you the answers. You have to show your attempt at the answer (and your working or explanations), and then someone will probably be able to tell you whether you got it right, or find your errors so you can re-work it.

Likes Hoophy
I am already trying to post there. It says.. you are not logged in or you don't have permission to post

Magnetic Boy said:
I am already trying to post there. It says.. you are not logged in or you don't have permission to post

Are you using a PC or a mobile?

Likes Magnetic Boy
I m using android physics forum app

@Boek... i posted successfully via browser. The problem was in app. It was so annoying. Thanks for the hint..

Magnetic Boy said:
@Boek... i posted successfully via browser. The problem was in app. It was so annoying. Thanks for the hint..

That's unfortunate, but the app doesn't insert the required template into the HW posts, so it had to be blocked.

I've taken the liberty of changing the thread title.

Nugatory said:
I've taken the liberty of changing the thread title.
Thanks.. my words are completely misleading. I want to edit. But i can't. I mean the app is worthless for me. As i can't post my homework there. Which is very important for me. In fact it is the best forum. Can't ask for more better than it already is. Thanks

I've installed the app myself and have played with it a little, but when I need to visit Physics Forums on my phone, I much prefer to use a web browser. That gives me access to all the features that I'm used to having when I visit PF on my desktop computer as I normally do.

Likes Magnetic Boy
Magnetic Boy said:
Thanks.. my words are completely misleading. I want to edit. But i can't. I mean the app is worthless for me. As i can't post my homework there. Which is very important for me. In fact it is the best forum. Can't ask for more better than it already is. Thanks
Post your homework using a desktop or tablet or via phone but browser.

Likes Magnetic Boy

1. Why can't I post in the Homework forum?

The Homework forum is reserved for students to ask for help with specific homework questions. As a scientist, your posts should be related to scientific research and not specific homework assignments.

2. Can I post in the Homework forum if I am a scientist?

No, the Homework forum is only for students to ask for help with their homework questions. As a scientist, you should use the appropriate forums for discussing scientific research and topics.

3. Where can I post my scientific research questions?

You can post your scientific research questions in the appropriate forums or discussion boards related to your field of study. You can also reach out to colleagues or join online communities to discuss your research.

4. Can I ask for help with a specific problem related to my research in the Homework forum?

No, the Homework forum is only for students to ask for help with their homework questions. If you need help with a specific problem related to your research, you should reach out to your supervisor or colleagues in your field of study.

5. Is there a separate forum for scientists to discuss research?

Yes, there are various forums and online communities specifically for scientists to discuss their research and collaborate with others in their field. You can search for these forums based on your area of study or attend conferences and workshops to network with other scientists.