Cant resolve this diferential equation

• Thread starter Robert Mak
  • Start date
In summary, a differential equation is a mathematical equation used to describe the relationship between a function and its derivatives. They can be difficult to solve due to complex operations and not all have known analytical solutions. Techniques such as separation of variables and numerical methods can be used to solve them. Applications of differential equations include physics, engineering, economics, and biology. If you are unable to solve a differential equation, you can seek help from a mathematician, join an online community or use software/tools for assistance.
Robert Mak
m[tex]\frac{dv}{dt}[/tex]= mg - kv[tex]^{2}[/tex]

constants: m, g, k.

I tryed and i can't find a solution to this diferential equation.

Physics news on Phys.org
[tex]m \frac{dv}{dt}=mg-kv^2[/tex]

[tex]\Rightarrow \frac{m}{mg-kv^2} \frac{dv}{dt}=1[/tex]

[tex]\Rightarrow \frac{m}{mg-kv^2} dv=1 dt[/tex]

Able now?

thanks; lol i didnt saw it

1. What is a differential equation?

A differential equation is a mathematical equation that describes the relationship between a function and its derivatives. It is used to model various physical phenomena in science and engineering.

2. Why is it difficult to solve differential equations?

Differential equations can be difficult to solve because they often involve complex mathematical operations and require specialized techniques. Additionally, not all differential equations have known analytical solutions, so numerical methods may need to be used.

3. How is a differential equation solved?

Differential equations can be solved using various techniques such as separation of variables, variation of parameters, and Laplace transforms. Numerical methods such as Euler's method and Runge-Kutta methods can also be used to approximate solutions.

4. What are the applications of differential equations?

Differential equations have many applications in physics, engineering, economics, biology, and other fields. They can be used to model and study various processes such as population growth, heat transfer, electrical circuits, and chemical reactions.

5. What should I do if I can't solve a differential equation?

If you are having trouble solving a differential equation, you can seek help from a mathematician, join an online community or forum for differential equations, or use software or online tools to assist you in finding a solution.