1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Capacitance help

1. Sep 12, 2004 #1
    Here is the question

A(n) 2.00 µF capacitor is charged to 520 V and a 4.60 µF capacitor is charged to 570 V

What is the voltage for each capacitor if plates of opposite signs are connected?

Any help would be helpful. I have bene trying to get this and havent been able to all night. I only have one submission left to get the right answer soany suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 12, 2004 #2
    The equation is C=Q/V. Just by pluggin in values does not work for me and i cant figure out what im supposed to do.
  4. Sep 13, 2004 #3
    I still cant figure it out. I have been trying and still cant get the right answer. I have an answer similiar for a question for 2.4uF and 880V and 4uF and 560V capacitors. The voltage is 20V for that one. I cant even get that answer
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?