Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Capacitive Pressure Transducer

  1. Nov 13, 2011 #1
    I'm using a http://www.setra.com/ProductDetails/264_HVAC.htm" to measure pressure differences in a water manometer. However, I am getting outputs in voltage using a voltmeter and want to know how to convert these voltages to pressure in mm H2O.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 13, 2011 #2
    Your instrument will output a signal between 0 - 5 VDC.

    The span may be between 0.1 inwc to 100 inwc. This should be listed on the nameplate.

    The instrument will output the maximum span value at 5 VDC and linear values in between.

    For example, suppose it is spanned to 100 inwc. The output will look like:

    Instrument Output, Differential Pressure
    0 VDC, 0 inwc
    2.5 VDC, 50 inwc
    5 VDC, 100 inwc

    Sometimes, if a differential pressure instrument is used for flow rate, there will be a square root function included. Double check, but I did not see this.
  4. Nov 14, 2011 #3
    I figured it out.

    Thanks for the reply.
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook