Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Capture of Saddam

1. Dec 14, 2003 #1
    Looks like they caught him.... However, I think the real question should be: Is this the real saddam, or is this a look-alike that the U.S. government has brought in to justify their presence in Iraq?

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 14, 2003 #2

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

DNA tests have made a positive identification :)

4. Dec 14, 2003 #3
    Yes.... DNA tests done by the US government.......

5. Dec 14, 2003 #4
    It seems like a loooooooooong time to wait to bring up a fake saddam. If they really wanted to get a fake one to justify their existance in iraq they would have done it a long time ago, the war was officially decalared over in may afterall.

6. Dec 14, 2003 #5
    That depends...this way, we can expect a trial for political purposes right before next year's $election.

7. Dec 14, 2003 #6
    True, but if that happens and he's killed all the left wingers who are against the death penalty will be all pissed and be sure to get out and vote on top of the democrats who already were going to.

8. Dec 14, 2003 #7
    Even if he is killed, its not like the US government will be on the jury.... I don't think that they would have anything to do with his sentencing... So, what happens to him shouldn't have any effect on the election.......But,the fact that he was caught, that provides the "justification" that is needed to help win some votes...

9. Dec 14, 2003 #8
    Under bush, saddam was captured. And due to his capture, he was put to death, under bush. And in Saddam's case, he's not going to be tried before a jury of random americans if he's even tried in america.

10. Dec 14, 2003 #9
    Alright... I'll agree with you, indirectly he could be associated with his putting to death... Still, I'm not sure if it will have any negative effects on the election (in Bush's perspective).

11. Dec 14, 2003 #10
    Now that we have Saddam, all we need to do is to capture Osama Bin Laden and crush Al Qaeda.

12. Dec 14, 2003 #11

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

In your case they would've found him dead, not alive.

13. Dec 16, 2003 #12
    After months of searching they finally found the guy who had nothing to do with September 11.

On another note, he looks more like Gandalf to me.

14. Dec 16, 2003 #13

ROFL, big ass nose.

15. Dec 16, 2003 #14
    That is a keen observation. Perhaps a process of elimination is being employeed?

Anyway, I knew there was something familiar about his look but couldn't figure out what it was. You have solved the mystery for me, thanks !

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2003
  16. Dec 17, 2003 #15

LURCH

Science Advisor

That's odd; I imediately associated him with Charkes Manson!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?