Capture of Saddam

Looks like they caught him.... However, I think the real question should be: Is this the real saddam, or is this a look-alike that the U.S. government has brought in to justify their presence in Iraq?

Answers and Replies

Monique
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
DNA tests have made a positive identification :)

Yes.... DNA tests done by the US government.......

It seems like a loooooooooong time to wait to bring up a fake saddam. If they really wanted to get a fake one to justify their existance in iraq they would have done it a long time ago, the war was officially decalared over in may afterall.

Zero
Originally posted by wasteofo2
It seems like a loooooooooong time to wait to bring up a fake saddam. If they really wanted to get a fake one to justify their existance in iraq they would have done it a long time ago, the war was officially decalared over in may afterall.
That depends...this way, we can expect a trial for political purposes right before next year's $election.

Originally posted by Zero
That depends...this way, we can expect a trial for political purposes right before next year's $election.
True, but if that happens and he's killed all the left wingers who are against the death penalty will be all pissed and be sure to get out and vote on top of the democrats who already were going to.

Even if he is killed, its not like the US government will be on the jury.... I don't think that they would have anything to do with his sentencing... So, what happens to him shouldn't have any effect on the election.......But,the fact that he was caught, that provides the "justification" that is needed to help win some votes...

Under bush, saddam was captured. And due to his capture, he was put to death, under bush. And in Saddam's case, he's not going to be tried before a jury of random americans if he's even tried in america.

Alright... I'll agree with you, indirectly he could be associated with his putting to death... Still, I'm not sure if it will have any negative effects on the election (in Bush's perspective).

Now that we have Saddam, all we need to do is to capture Osama Bin Laden and crush Al Qaeda.

Monique
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Originally posted by Inquiring_Mike
Yes.... DNA tests done by the US government.......
In your case they would've found him dead, not alive.

After months of searching they finally found the guy who had nothing to do with September 11.

On another note, he looks more like Gandalf to me.

Originally posted by The_Professional
After months of searching they finally found the guy who had nothing to do with September 11.

ROFL, big ass nose.

BoulderHead
Originally posted by The_Professional

That is a keen observation. Perhaps a process of elimination is being employeed?

Anyway, I knew there was something familiar about his look but couldn't figure out what it was. You have solved the mystery for me, thanks !

Last edited by a moderator:
LURCH
Science Advisor
That's odd; I imediately associated him with Charkes Manson!