Is Infinite Energy-Powered Car Technology Possible?

In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of creating infinite energy through magnetic and electromagnetic sources, such as using magnets to repel and create perpetual motion. However, it is stated that there is no such thing as free unlimited energy and perpetual motion is a violation of the second law of thermodynamics. The idea of using magnets to create energy has been tried and failed, as it goes against the laws of physics.
jaredmt
just wondering, why haven't i read about this yet?
I know that they have a device that (once it has a kick start) it can generate more electricity than what is required to run it. so there is infinite electricity right there

also there are certain basic models that demonstrate that mommentum can be conserved be continuous such as this: Newton's Cradle (look it up on google images, you'll know what I am talking about)

I hear about all these alternate resources for fuel but i never hear about magnetics and electromagnetics creating infinite energy so the car never needs to be refueled. Does anything like this actually exist? or is it being worked on anywhere? if not, do you think anything like this could work?

Engineering news on Phys.org
jaredmt said:
just wondering, why haven't i read about this yet?
I know that they have a device that (once it has a kick start) it can generate more electricity than what is required to run it. so there is infinite electricity right there

There is no such device, and no such thing as free unlimited energy. Period.

Perpetual motion is a violation of the second law of thermodynamics. There are plenty of really elegantly designed perpetual motion machines out there (search the net, you will find them) but somewhere along the line they all violate the second law.

It cannot happen.

Even if you could store 500 kg of antimatter in your car, it is not unlimited free energy.

E=mc^2

well i was thinking when u hold 2 magnets togeather with both the North ends they will always repel. there is an energy that repells those magnets apart that never dies right? so why can't we use magnets that repell each other to keep a wheel spinning or something like that?

im sure it wouldn't be easy but if they worked on it and improved it, they could probably go somewhere with it

Believe us... every possible permutation of that idea has been tried and failed miserably.

jaredmt said:
I know that they have a device that (once it has a kick start) it can generate more electricity than what is required to run it.
No, they don't. As others have said, there is no such thing as a free lunch. The first law of thermodynamics applies.
well i was thinking when u hold 2 magnets togeather with both the North ends they will always repel. there is an energy that repells those magnets apart that never dies right?
Force is not energy. Energy is force times distance. And when you move magnets back and forth, the energy is conserved. People have tried for hundreds of years to beat conservation of energy in this manner. It simply doesn't work.

Last edited:

1. What is a car with infinite energy?

A car with infinite energy is a hypothetical vehicle that has an unlimited source of power, allowing it to run continuously without ever needing to refuel or recharge.

2. Is a car with infinite energy possible?

At this time, a car with infinite energy is not possible. While there have been advancements in alternative energy sources for vehicles, such as electric and hydrogen-powered cars, there is currently no technology that can provide an unlimited supply of energy.

3. What would be the benefits of a car with infinite energy?

A car with infinite energy would have numerous benefits, such as eliminating the need for frequent refueling or recharging, reducing carbon emissions, and potentially reducing the cost of transportation. It could also allow for longer trips without the need for stopping to refuel.

4. Are there any downsides to a car with infinite energy?

One potential downside to a car with infinite energy is the cost. The technology and resources needed to create and maintain such a vehicle would likely be very expensive. There may also be safety concerns and ethical considerations regarding the use of unlimited energy.

5. Are there any current projects or research focused on creating a car with infinite energy?

While there is no current technology that can create a car with infinite energy, there are ongoing research projects and developments in alternative energy sources for vehicles. Some companies are also exploring the possibility of using renewable energy sources, such as solar power, to power cars. However, creating a car with infinite energy remains a challenge for scientists and engineers.