Comparing Car A and B's Velocity on London to Birmingham and Nottingham Routes

• Thread starter roza-chan
  • Start date
In summary, the two car's velocities are not equal. One is going 25m/s to Nottingham and the other is going 25m/s to Birmingham, but their displacements are not in the same direction. This means that they are not equal.
roza-chan
1. Homework Statement
car A goes from london to birmingham with 25m/s vilocity,car B goes from london to nottingham with 25m/s

Homework Equations

velocity=displacement/time

3. The Attempt at a Solution
are those two car's velocity equal?explain it

Physics news on Phys.org
Well, what do you think? Hint: What's the key difference between velocity and speed?

velocity has directions but speed doesn't have one...does this get to something?

roza-chan said:
velocity has directions but speed doesn't have one...does this get to something?
Exactly. So ask yourself: Are the directions the same?

yeah they are both to north...so they are equal right?

roza-chan said:
yeah they are both to north...so they are equal right?
I have no idea where Birmingham and Nottingham are, but if they are both exactly north of London then their displacements from London will have the same direction.

ya they are both in north of london,so if they are both going with 25m/s and both to north (same direction)so that means they are equal right?

OK, I'm now looking at a map of the UK. I would say that neither city is directly North of London, and if I draw a displacement vector from London to each city, those vectors don't look parallel to me!

umm well you one of them is more north and the other is a bit to east...and which mean they're not exactly the same direction..so it means they are not equal after all?

roza-chan said:
umm well you one of them is more north and the other is a bit to east...and which mean they're not exactly the same direction..so it means they are not equal after all?
That's what I would say. (More important than any particular answer is knowing the reasoning behind it.)

thanx a lot for the help~~

What is the difference between CarA and CarB?

CarA and CarB are two different types of cars, with distinct features and specifications. CarA is a sedan, while CarB is a sport utility vehicle (SUV). CarA typically has better fuel efficiency and lower maintenance costs, while CarB offers more space and better off-road capabilities.

Which car is more environmentally friendly, CarA or CarB?

CarA is generally considered more environmentally friendly due to its smaller size and better fuel efficiency. However, CarB may have a lower carbon footprint if it is a hybrid or electric SUV. Ultimately, the environmental impact of a car depends on various factors such as fuel type, driving habits, and maintenance.

What are the safety features of CarA and CarB?

Both CarA and CarB have standard safety features such as airbags, anti-lock braking system (ABS), and electronic stability control (ESC). However, CarB may offer additional safety features such as blind spot monitoring, lane departure warning, and adaptive cruise control. It is important to check the specific safety features of the car model before making a purchase.

How do the prices of CarA and CarB compare?

The prices of CarA and CarB vary depending on the make, model, and trim level. Generally, CarA has a lower starting price compared to CarB. However, CarB may offer more features and options, which can increase its overall price. It is important to research and compare prices of different models to determine which one fits your budget and needs.

Which car has better performance, CarA or CarB?

The performance of CarA and CarB depends on individual preferences and driving habits. CarA may have better acceleration and handling, while CarB may have more power and towing capacity. It is recommended to test drive both cars to determine which one suits your driving style and needs.