Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Cardboard boat model

1. Jan 31, 2008 #1
    i just wanna ask..is it possible to make a paper boat where in 3 people can sit there and withstand the effect of water, wind etc? because we have to do it and the only material would be paper (of course maybe glue tape etc)..thanks!

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 31, 2008 #2

FredGarvin

Science Advisor

Cardboard boat races are pretty standard stuff in a lot of colleges. I would venture that making a paper boat would be doable just make sure you do your research on the adhesive used....and get small people.

4. Jan 31, 2008 #3
    the thing is it would be exposed to different obstacles and the last boat standing will win..we cannot choose the people who will ride the boat

5. Jan 31, 2008 #4
    Just for background, you might read Thor Heyerdahl's Kon-Tiki. There was also a kind of nutty "contest" in England where people have rowed paper boats along the canals in Kent (I think); you might Google that.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2008
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?