Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Career Advice for an Electrical Engineering Undergrad (senior)

1. Feb 24, 2012 #1
    Hi All,

This is my first post to the forums here, but I have been lurking around for homework solutions for a while now!

I have two possible great internships available to me this summer. I have a friend who works at Lockheed Martin who says he can get me in for one of their summer internships with 80-90% probability. I also have a very prospective chance at getting an internship with Medtronic during the summer (they are interested in having me in one of three positions).

Lockheed Martin pays ~$20/hr full-time during the summer. Medtronic pays $23.99/hr full-time during the summer as well. Lockheed Martin is approximately a 25 minute drive one-way for me, where Medtronic is about 15 minutes one-way. Clearly, the winner is Medtronic as far as pay and time is concerned. I want to know if either company has specific strengths over the other, and if I should look more towards one company over the other. I know Lockheed is willing to pay for graduate school once you are working there (100% chance of a job offer after internship, assuming you don't kill someone), and I am unsure about Medtronic.

Anyone have any advice as to which one I should take?

Thanks,
    Jared

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted