1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Career Advice Requested

1. Jan 8, 2008 #1
    I'm a 3rd year university student, microbiology/biochem major. I also recently found after taking Organic One that I have a knack for organic chemistry. I know a couple things for sure: I love science and I love school. Problem is, I'm unsure if I want to be a teacher/professor and I definitely would hate industry type lab work. Although it would be fun to get a doctorate, in the end I'm doubtful I could ever put it to its true use: directing and overseeing independant research. Plus writing grants sounds really boring.

I know I love working individually with people, explaining things and helping people solve problems. So my organic skills seem like my best bet for finding a job. Anybody have advice on job opportunities from what I've described above?
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted