1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Career advice -- Time series analysis, correlation dimension and lyapunov exponent

1. Dec 9, 2014 #1
    Good day, i need your advice on my latest career.I have B.Sc in Physics,M.Sc in Solid Earth Geophysics and now currently doing my Ph.D in non linear dynamics,investigating of chaos in geophysical data using correlation dimension and lyapunov exponent.I need your advice on how to be grounded in Time series analysis,correlation dimension and lyapunov exponent in order to use it to analyze geophysical data.Thanks in anticipation of your positive response.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 9, 2014 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to the PF.

I'm not sure we have enough geophysical expertise currently at the PF to be able to answer your question well (I could be wrong though). I Googled Time series analysis,correlation dimension and lyapunov exponent, and got what seem to be some good hits. Maybe have a look through the hit list to see if you are already familiar with that material...

https://www.google.com/search?sourc...gs_l=hp....0.0.0.1565...........0.w41_7Ku-XUg

:-)

4. Dec 9, 2014 #3
    I would find search in the courses databases of good universities for each of those terms, and take a look at the reference books they use. Then get those books and study.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook