Career advice -- Time series analysis, correlation dimension and lyapunov exponent

• Thread starter abidemi
  • Start date
Good day, i need your advice on my latest career.I have B.Sc in Physics,M.Sc in Solid Earth Geophysics and now currently doing my Ph.D in non linear dynamics,investigating of chaos in geophysical data using correlation dimension and lyapunov exponent.I need your advice on how to be grounded in Time series analysis,correlation dimension and lyapunov exponent in order to use it to analyze geophysical data.Thanks in anticipation of your positive response.

Answers and Replies

berkeman
Mentor
Good day, i need your advice on my latest career.I have B.Sc in Physics,M.Sc in Solid Earth Geophysics and now currently doing my Ph.D in non linear dynamics,investigating of chaos in geophysical data using correlation dimension and lyapunov exponent.I need your advice on how to be grounded in Time series analysis,correlation dimension and lyapunov exponent in order to use it to analyze geophysical data.Thanks in anticipation of your positive response.
Welcome to the PF.

I'm not sure we have enough geophysical expertise currently at the PF to be able to answer your question well (I could be wrong though). I Googled Time series analysis,correlation dimension and lyapunov exponent, and got what seem to be some good hits. Maybe have a look through the hit list to see if you are already familiar with that material...

https://www.google.com/search?sourc...gs_l=hp....0.0.0.1565...........0.w41_7Ku-XUg

:-)

I would find search in the courses databases of good universities for each of those terms, and take a look at the reference books they use. Then get those books and study.