1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Career Advice

1. May 4, 2010 #1
    I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask or not, but here goes... I was hoping someone could offer some career advice to me. When I was 18 I went to a "Technical" college that of course offers you the world. Well I've done average since then, and have been working for a small company since graduating. The credits aren't really accepted anywhere, so I realize I after to start from scratch. I've recently become a dad and decided I need to be better and do more with a career. I enjoy building or wiring things by hand, or even designing things in AutoCAD (Self taught, no degree in this). I'm able to take things apart and put them back together without drawings or prints. I'm also able to figure out how most things work or function and fix them if needed. Is a mechanical engineer degree right for me? Are there online programs I can take to work towards a bachelors or masters degree?

Thanks for any advice

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted