Is Life Science the Right Choice for Aspiring Doctors?

In summary, the speaker is seeking advice on whether or not to take life science in university, specifically at the University of Toronto. They are wondering about the average requirements for admission and the difficulty of the course. They also mention that they may be able to find the information they need on the university's website or by contacting someone directly.
xtraxxl
I want to be a doctor,should I take life science in the university or something?
And I'm wondering if anybody knows what's the average for entering the U of T's life science.
I also heard it is hard to finish this course, can anyone tell me something about it please?
Thank you!

Physics news on Phys.org
sorry guys, I meant to write University of Toronto!

I'm really not sure i can answer any of your questions. However, i suspect that if you go to the universitiy web site, http://www.utoronto.ca, you should be able to find the infomation you are looking for. Either that or you wshould be able to find at least the e-mail adresses of a couple people you can talk to.

Philcorp

1. What career options are available with a science degree?

Some common career options for individuals with a science degree include research scientist, healthcare professional, science teacher, environmental consultant, and science writer.

2. How can I find internships or research opportunities related to my field of study?

You can start by reaching out to your university's career center or department for science-related internships and research opportunities. You can also search online job portals and attend career fairs to explore available options.

3. What are some tips for writing a strong resume for a science-related job?

Some tips for writing a strong resume include highlighting relevant coursework, research experience, and technical skills. Additionally, focusing on transferable skills such as critical thinking, problem-solving, and communication can also make your resume stand out.

4. How can I prepare for graduate school in the sciences?

To prepare for graduate school in the sciences, it is important to maintain a strong academic record, gain research experience, and participate in extracurricular activities related to your field of study. Additionally, studying for and taking standardized tests such as the GRE can also improve your chances of being accepted into a graduate program.

5. What resources are available to help me choose the right university for my career goals?

There are several resources available to help you choose the right university for your career goals. These include university websites, college rankings, and online forums where you can connect with current students or alumni. Additionally, speaking with a career counselor or attending university open houses can also provide valuable insights.