1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Career choice

1. Oct 13, 2005 #1
    ok i dont know what to choose for a career and collage is getting closer. I was either thinking to just get a medical degree or denistry degree but i hate both of them but i would love to retire at 45 like my dentist but what im really interested in is graphic design so i was thinking of the art institutes but i dont really know what to do anyone have adive or sugestions

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 14, 2005 #2
    That bold part really says it all. Pick something you *want* to do. No amount of money is worth being miserable for the rest of your life. Quite a few doctors would tell you the same thing. :smile: Pick something you like and pursue it. If you don't know what that is, no problem. That's normal. Just try some things out until something really catches your attention.

4. Oct 14, 2005 #3
    Go to a university that offers all of these as choices. You don't have to declare your major or the rest of your life before you enter college. I know it feels that way sometimes, with everyone telling you how you have to go to college and you have to fill out all these applications, etc. The vast majority of people change their major in college (for many reasons). So pick a good school that offers majors in all your interests and if you decide incorrectly you can change.
    Good luck.
    Cheers,
    Ryan

5. Oct 14, 2005 #4

G01

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

If you find something you love to do you won't want to retire at 45 you'll want to keep doing it! :)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?