Is Getting a Masters in Physics Abroad the Solution to My Career Confusion?

In summary, the individual is from India and expresses frustration with the quality of colleges. They lost track of their interests and spent time introspecting in college. After trying different professions, they have found a passion for physics and want to pursue a master's degree. They are unsure of which college to apply to and are considering studying abroad. The suggestion of taking the GATE entrance exam and attending IISc is given, but the individual has concerns about the rigidity of Indian teachers. They are also considering PhD programs in their desired field.
Karan_85
I m from India and 90% colleges in India, they suck...I was pretty much into science from beginning but then i joined my college and lost track of everything. Didn't study much and spent whole time introspecting. I guess that's what colleges are for, esp the graduate courses are for - you try to know yourself and everything else doesn't matter to you. However after completing engineer and trying my hand in all sorts of professions, and hell lot of introspection nothing really intrigues me now but Physics. I have been reading 11th grade physics books and trying somehow to get out of this Job, a euphemism for a Prison. Job is all about people skills and management - no creativity etc

SO I m planning to go for my masters and really confused as in how to go about it - want to go for Masters in Physics for sure, but don't know which college to go for and how should I apply to one abroad. Is there any suitable option here in India or not?

If someone can guide me with that it would be really helpful.

Physics news on Phys.org
you can write GATE entrance exam and get into IISc

reddvoid said:
you can write GATE entrance exam and get into IISc

I was thinking of it..but first of all it is not easy to get into IISc. Although being old and very reputed i have this notion that Indian teachers are very rigid. and i was looking ..they have PhD courses for the course I m looking for.
But thanks for replying.

1. What is career guidance?

Career guidance is a process that helps individuals to assess their skills, interests, and values in order to make informed decisions about their career path. It involves providing information and support to help individuals explore different career options and make a plan for achieving their career goals.

2. Why is career guidance important?

Career guidance is important because it helps individuals to make informed decisions about their career path. It provides them with the necessary information and resources to explore different career options and make a plan for achieving their career goals. This can lead to greater job satisfaction and success in the long run.

3. Who can benefit from career guidance?

Career guidance can benefit individuals at any stage of their career, from high school students to mid-career professionals. It can also be helpful for individuals who are considering a career change or looking to improve their current job situation.

4. What can I expect from a career guidance session?

In a career guidance session, you can expect to receive personalized support and guidance from a trained professional. They will help you assess your skills, interests, and values, explore different career options, and create a plan for achieving your career goals. They may also provide resources and information to help you further your career development.

5. How do I find a career guidance counselor?

You can find a career guidance counselor through your school or university, your local government's career services center, or by searching for private career counseling services in your area. It's important to choose a counselor who is qualified and experienced in providing career guidance and who you feel comfortable working with.