1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Career Help

1. May 10, 2012 #1
    Hi everybody, I am new to these forums. It is nice to meet you all. I am currently in my Junior year at Wayne State University. I have changed my major about three times now. I started out as a Pharmacist (that did not last long once I found out how many years the program was), Accountant (too boring for my taste), and now finally Civil Engineer.

I have an extreme interest in the way people get around in todays world. Bridges, buildings, and round-a-bouts are very interesting to me. However the problem is that I have been in school for so long and I have yet to take a Civil Engineering class. I understand that Civil Engineering has a strong basis with Calculus and Physics.

I barely managed to get a B in my engineering physics 1 class at the university, I got an A in Calculus II. I am now currently taking Calculus II and physics 2 and I must say these are very difficult classes; expecially physics 2.

Is it just me or did some of you find these classes somewhat difficult? How much of these generalized topics covered in physics are actually used in my civil engineering classes?

Thank You.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted