1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Career in Applied Physics

1. Apr 13, 2015 #1
    i have B.Sc in Physics and Electronics and Master in Electronics and Communication Physics please which area is the best for me to go for my PhD

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 13, 2015 #2

RaulTheUCSCSlug

Gold Member

Look at which programs have classes that go off of classes that you have previously taken. Find a number of schools you are interested in, and look at their Phd program outline. Contacting them would also help you since you will get first hand knowledge from those within the school system.

4. Apr 13, 2015 #3
    Thanks for the response ,, Please can you suggest any area though i like to signal processing and information technology...also i will be very grateful if you can be any of help to me in terms of school

5. Apr 13, 2015 #4
    There are so many areas and applications that we really can't make this decision for you. Research into it and talk to some people in the field to find a project or topic you'd be interested in studying. I can say that from what you said it sounds like you'd be good at kind of being a bridge between the engineers at something experimental like a particle accelerator and the physicists running it. Look into experimental particle physics if this interests you, signal processing would be important for the technology that gathers data at some of these experiments.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook