1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Career in Astrophysics

1. Sep 9, 2012 #1
    I currently am a high school student who is interested in pursuing a career in astrophysics/astrodynamics (anything to do with bodies in space and their movements, celestial mechanics I guess). I was wondering what courses/classes should I take in high school and college to pursue this career. I would also like to the know the basic concepts that I would need to know. Right now, I know a little bit of calculus and physics which I assume are a must. Recently, I got a book called The Fundamentals of Astrodynamics by Bate, White and Mueller. I understand quite a bit of the book but I'm not that strong with vectors and vector calculus. So if you guys could tell me what classes I should take and what concepts I should master, that would be great. :) Thanks for your help.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted