1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Job Skills Career in Astrophysics

1. May 16, 2017 #1
    Hi there, I'm from Brazil and I'd like to ask you guys: is it too dificult get a job as astrophysics researcher/teacher? I'm moving out of my country to study astrophysics in europe, so i'm gonna do it no matter the answers since I love this field of study. But I just wanted to know how big of a climb I have in front of me. Thanks to everyone who answer to this ( I had to ask since all the topics on the matter were old ).

2. jcsd
  3. May 16, 2017 #2

analogdesign

Science Advisor

It's kind of like being an actor, musician, or sporting professional... a lot of very talented people will be competing with you for a limited number of jobs. It isn't hard to get an interesting postdoc or two, make making a secure, long term living at it is hard. People do it, but it's hard. Most people end up doing something else eventually.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted