1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Career option?

1. Oct 18, 2007 #1
    career option???

i dont know how many times this has been asked(probably 347374 times, coz thats what this Academic & Career Guidance forum does:biggrin:), but being a stupid, i ll ask again:tongue:
    i want to do MS after my graduation. apart from clearing GRE test, what else i need to do to prepare for this. i want to do aerospace engineering. i am currently 3rd year mech engg student. i have good a base in fluid mechanics and thermal engineering. precisely, i need to know if i need to write a technical paper??? i admitt, i m scared of it:grumpy:, i havent ever done it, i am more into practical application of things, like i love to participate in local robotics events. i did had a major SAE project with me, whose theoretical part i completed fairly, but because of administrative and monetary reasons, i couldnt finish, so that adds as a failed attempt:cry:. i am really confused about how should i proceed. one more thing, i have three options- take a job, study for management(MBA) or study for further studies. IInd one is least probable, which of the other two is better?? even a strong criticism is welcome. believe me, i am having a tough time now regarding my options:redface:

one more thing, i hate this drop down smiley list, previous one(yeah, that table one) was much easier to use
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 18, 2007 #2

Staff: Mentor

One combination option would be to take a job with a company that offers tuition reimbursement for your MS classes, and is understanding of the time you put in while you work mostly full time and study part-time. Many larger technology companies offer this tuition reimbursement as an employee benefit to qualified employees. Check out some of their websites, like this page at Boeing.com:

4. Oct 18, 2007 #3
    ok good advice to start with, but those type of opportunities are mostly available in US, unfortunately i am half world away from US :((
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?