Career Options in Japan for Physics Major

Good luck!)In summary, the speaker is a physics major with a minor in Japanese who is wondering about job opportunities in Japan after graduation. They prefer a permanent move and are looking for advice on how to open up these opportunities. They ask for help on a forum and suggest trying a different forum for more relevant responses.
Tokage
Hi everyone, just kind of a general question here. I'm a physics major undergrad at Texas Christian University. I'm also minoring in Japanese, and will be close to proficient in the language by the time I graduate, including hiragana, katakana, and kanji writing systems. In general, in the scope of my B.S. physics degree of course, what kind of job opportunities might there be for a person of my education in Japan? And by that I do mean making a permanent move to the country if need be, which is actually preferable to a short term stay.

What, if anything should I be doing in order to open up these doors?

Thank's everyone!

Physics news on Phys.org
Three days 140 something views and not a single response. Come on guys I know it's a slightly odd topic, but I'm not looking for someone who's been working in Japan for decades necessarily, give me a "I don't know but my buddy's sisters daughters boyfriend does some work there" or something! Bump.

maybe you can get more relevant responses in this forum:
http://learnjapanesepod.com/forums/

がんばってね

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What career options are available for a physics major in Japan?

There are several career options for physics majors in Japan, including research positions in academic institutions, engineering and technology jobs in the private sector, and government positions in areas such as energy and environmental policy.

2. What type of education and experience is required for these career options?

Most career options in Japan for physics majors require a bachelor's degree in physics or a related field. Some positions may also require a master's or doctoral degree. Relevant experience through internships or research projects is also highly valued.

3. Are there any specific industries that are known to hire physics majors in Japan?

Some industries that commonly hire physics majors in Japan include technology and engineering companies, automotive and aerospace industries, and research and development organizations.

4. What is the average salary for physics majors in Japan?

The average salary for physics majors in Japan varies depending on the specific job and industry, but it is generally higher than the average salary for other majors. According to data from the Japan Institute of Labour, the average starting salary for physics majors is around 4.5 million yen per year.

5. Are there any opportunities for international students to pursue a career in physics in Japan?

Yes, there are opportunities for international students to pursue a career in physics in Japan. Many universities and research institutions in Japan offer programs and positions specifically for international students. Additionally, some companies in industries such as technology and automotive also hire international students with physics backgrounds.