Seeking Career Path in Aerospace Engineering

In summary, the speaker is a chemical engineer from India who has been working as a process engineer for 15 months. They are interested in pursuing a career in the aerospace field but are unsure of the right path to take. The speaker has researched and found various specializations in aerospace such as Materials science, Solid mechanics, Aircraft structures, Control engineering, Propulsion, Astrodynamics, and Fluid mechanics. They are interested in specializing in Propulsion, Astrodynamics, and Fluid mechanics and are wondering if they can enter these fields as a chemical engineer. They also mention considering certifications and have found universities that offer aerospace engineering programs. However, there is also a concern about job prospects in the field as a chemical engineer.
ketansakharkar
Hi,

I am chemical engineer from India, and working as a process engr from last 15 months. I want to build my career in aerospace field. But I am not getting the right path, like job or further education etc.
Suggestions needed.

Ketan Sakharkar

Physics news on Phys.org
well I think aerospace is just too broad of a topic... What is it about aerospace that interests you?

from my brief research I done... there are many field in aerospace you can specialize in: Materials science, Solid mechanics, Aircraft structures, Control engineering, Propulsion, Astrodynamics, Fluid mechanics...

Aerospace can be studied at the advanced diploma, bachelors, masters, and Ph.D. levels in aerospace engineering departments at many universities. Also check out this websites for certifications you my want to accuire: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_certificate

yes,
I am interested in Propulsion, Astrodynamics, Fluid mechanics.
so can I enter in these kinds of field?
certification is okay, but after this, will I get a job since I am a chem engr?

Hi,
I think someone hacked my account and missused it. This quote was not created by me.
Still, its a good information to share...
Thanks,
Ketan

1. What is the job outlook for aerospace engineers?

The job outlook for aerospace engineers is positive, with a projected job growth of 3% from 2019 to 2029, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. This growth is due to the demand for new aircraft and spacecraft technologies, as well as the need for upgrades to existing systems.

2. What skills are necessary for a career in aerospace engineering?

A career in aerospace engineering requires a strong foundation in math and science, as well as problem-solving and analytical skills. Other important skills include attention to detail, communication skills, and the ability to work well in a team. Additionally, knowledge of computer-aided design (CAD) software and experience with computer programming is beneficial.

3. What degree is needed to become an aerospace engineer?

Most aerospace engineering positions require a bachelor's degree in aerospace engineering or a related field, such as mechanical or electrical engineering. Some employers may also prefer candidates with a master's degree in aerospace engineering for more advanced or specialized roles.

4. What type of work does an aerospace engineer do?

Aerospace engineers design, develop, and test aircraft, spacecraft, and missiles. They may also work on components such as engines, control systems, and navigation systems. In addition to design work, aerospace engineers also analyze data, troubleshoot problems, and oversee production and testing processes.

5. What are some career opportunities for aerospace engineers?

Aerospace engineers can work in a variety of industries, including aerospace manufacturing, government agencies, research and development firms, and consulting companies. Some specific job titles for aerospace engineers include design engineer, systems engineer, project manager, and research scientist.