1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Math Career possibilities for Applied Math major with a concentration in quantum mechanics

1. Mar 16, 2012 #1
    I'm a 2nd year physics major thinking about switching to applied math with a concentration in quantum mechanics. I was wondering if anyone knew any possible career paths that could arise from this degree, and also if a career in a more econ/finance/business related field would be a viable possibility.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 16, 2012 #2
    Re: Career possibilities for Applied Math major with a concentration in quantum mecha

How exactly would you do an applied math degree with a concentration in QM? Does your school offer such a thing? What QM courses would you take that constitutes a "concentration" in it?

4. Mar 16, 2012 #3
    Re: Career possibilities for Applied Math major with a concentration in quantum mecha

You would more likely graduate with a BS in Applied Math and a minor in Physics. You can tell your employers that those were the kinds of classes you took to get your minor in a job interview, but I wouldn't put "BS Applied Math w/ Concentration in QM" on your resume, because that's borderline lying.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook