1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Career with Physics

1. Dec 18, 2013 #1
    Hi. I am a high school student. I currently want to pursue Physics(undergraduate) from India.

I was wondering if someone could help me with some career guidance. I am confused about the scope and limitations.
    I plan on doing my Masters from the US (Preferably..the Ivy. Far-fetched.I know) or some top institute. Can someone help me with the job opportunities? Or Physics as a career? Like..I know I can do a MS in Engineering after a BS in Physics but does that make me a little handicapped when it comes to jobs? Or MS and Ph.D in physics and then a job?
    I really enjoy the subject and I would want to make a career out of it.

I am really sorry if I sound utterly confused. It's because I am. Any and every bit of help would be much appreciated. :)

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 19, 2013 #2
    I am really expecting an answer :(

4. Dec 19, 2013 #3

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

And I was expecting politeness. I guess we're both disappointed.
    We are volunteers, and are not at your beck and call.

As for your question, it is unanswerably vague. I suggest you read some of the many similar threads, and if you can't find an answer there, ask a specific question here. And then wait politely for an answer.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook