1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics Careers in quantum physics

1. Apr 25, 2006 #1
    so cud anyone please tell me wot kind of careers u can get from studying quantum physics in college, despite teaching? thanks
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 25, 2006 #2
    maybe it won't be directly related to qm, but somethin than use qm. i think qm is just like foundation knowledge for u to learn something more. so you get job based on that "something" more. e.g. semiconductor technology...??
  4. Apr 25, 2006 #3
    You can get an idea of what the current physics job market is like by going to http://aip.jobcontrolcenter.com/search/ and then specifying the search criteria. Employers posts jobs there, and no registration is required to view the postings. I didn't quite understand what you meant by "despite teaching?"

Also do a search on this forum for physics career, if you havn't done so already.

Sounds bizzare but Wall Street is one of the biggest employers of physicists in the US, so not all physicists end up doing actual physics work. Something you might want to keep in mind.

Take it easy,
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?