1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Cars

1. Apr 18, 2004 #1
    What kind of cars do you prefer?

Ones that are European, Asian, or American?

SUVs, Sedans, Sports cars or Vans?

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 18, 2004 #2
    Depends upon how much money you have to purchase it with, 'safe' is preferable to me....and that does NOT induce me to drive like a 'safe(r) nutcase' from lots of experience, and God's grace that spared me some of that/those experience(s)....

:cool:

4. Apr 18, 2004 #3
    I like the car that I own. Because it's the only one I can actually use.

cookiemonster

5. Apr 18, 2004 #4
    I own an SUV, I'll pick an SUV over a car anyday.

6. Apr 18, 2004 #5
    Hope you like burning money. =]

cookiemonster

7. Apr 18, 2004 #6
    It's worth every penny ;)

8. Apr 18, 2004 #7
    How about them prototype hydrogen-powered cars? 0 to 60 in 14 seconds :smile:

It probably wont be nearly as powerful as modern cars that get from 0 to 60 in 3-4 seconds, but at least it wont be guzzling up gas.

9. Apr 18, 2004 #8
    What kind?

My favourite car company is Jeep :)

10. Apr 18, 2004 #9

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I have always prefered European and Japanese over American.

11. Apr 18, 2004 #10

Kerrie

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

i prefer and drive german cars...i am on my 3rd VW Golf (this time with a turbo engine :) )

12. Apr 18, 2004 #11
    Toyota 4 Runner

13. Apr 18, 2004 #12

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I bought my daughter a 4 Runner. Now I want it, but she won't let me drive it. :frown:

14. Apr 19, 2004 #13
    people honestly you are all missing out: the only vehicle for me is a motor bike, once you ride one u will never look at a car the same, i cant use words to describe the finer points of a bike you have to ride one to find out

15. Apr 19, 2004 #14
    I had a VW Jetta, diesel, best fuel milage I have ever seen ~1000 klic's per tank, got from Montreal to Vancouver (Canada) for ~$250.00 in fuel cost.....nice handling too....

16. Apr 19, 2004 #15
    In heavy traffic, I drive my Ram with the jungle bars. "If you can't Dodge it, Ram it." Light traffic, the Element, aka "The Toaster." Sadly, no place to put a gun rack on the Element.

17. Apr 19, 2004 #16
    A read a report for Greener Cars that claimed the Jetta Diesel's are still more polluted than petro...

:(

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?