Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

1. Dec 4, 2004 #1

Gold Member

Why is it every time i watch a cartoon on tv its a repeat, i mean the
    proper ones like Road Runner, Daffy Duck or Bugs Bunny, are they
    not being made now, if not, why not, whats up dock?
    Whats your favour-et?
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 4, 2004 #2

jimmy p

Gold Member

My favourite had to be road-runner because of Wile E Coyote. Are we just talking Warner Bros? Dangermouse would be my favourite of all time though.
  4. Dec 4, 2004 #3
    No, the classic warner bros cartoons are not being newly produced, a tragedy if you ask me.
  5. Dec 4, 2004 #4

Gold Member

No, the classic warner bros cartoons are not being newly produced, a tragedy if you ask me.
    Well ill be dog darned, the real cartoons were, are my favourite distraction
    from reality, i think we should petition warner bros to restart production.
    Danger mouse is ok but not as good as road runner etc.
  6. Dec 4, 2004 #5
    I loved the road runner cartoons. So Awesome.
  7. Dec 4, 2004 #6

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Roadrunner was always my favorite. Beep Beep! Yeah, they haven't made any new ones in a VERY long time.

I also liked Speedy Gonzalez.

I miss cartoons that had cute animal characters, not the cartoons nowadays that seem a little too mature, never have any moral to the story (okay, neither did Loony Toons really, but a lot of other cartoons from my childhood did), and the characters aren't even loveable nowadays. I can't believe kids are all excited about a sponge! Though, actually, I have recently seen one that's cute. I think it's just called Shark. This girl has a pet shark named Kenny who is always getting into trouble. Reminds me a lot of the old Magilla Gorilla cartoons, which I loved as a kid.
  8. Dec 4, 2004 #7

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Roadrunner and Wile E. Coyote were my favorite, too.

Followed by Porky Pig and Daffy Duck and Marvin the Martian

That Rooster (I keep wanting to say Rooster Cogburn, but I think that was the Rooster in True Grit) and the chicken hawk

Pepe LePew

Bugs Bunny

Did anyone here ever watch Clutch Cargo? Pretty lame animation - it looked like cardboard drawings just being moved across the screen, but kind of entrancing somehow. At least the story lines were good.

Johnny Qwest

Mighty Mouse
  9. Dec 4, 2004 #8
    Marvin the Martian!!

I forgot all about him.

Its not thatthe old cartoons had morals, its that they didn't have the trite dialogue and plot lines. They were simple, violent, and pointless, not written by people who think they have funny things to say. So much better that way.
  10. Dec 4, 2004 #9

Staff Emeritus

My favorite cartoons are on adult swim: futurama, family guy, venture brothers, sealab 2021, etc.
  11. Dec 4, 2004 #10

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

My favorites were Roadrunner, Bugs Bunny and Tom & Jerry.
  12. Dec 4, 2004 #11
    Mel Blanc. RIP
    That's why they don't make the classics anymore
  13. Dec 4, 2004 #12
    I shouldn't have written that. I don't have a clue whether Mr. Blanc is alive or dead. I completely made that up and I apologize if I'm wrong. If I'm not wrong cool.
    edit: no not cool, if I'm not wrong, RIP Mel
  14. Dec 4, 2004 #13
    Yes RIP Mel.
    Wow, you pull stuff out of your arse and you are still right.
    Go figure.
  15. Dec 4, 2004 #14

I figured it was somethinglike that. Come back Mel!!! Come back!!

I must...resurrect him....frankenstien complex growing....BWAHAHA!!!!
  16. Dec 5, 2004 #15
    I believe the original Bugs Bunny (and friends) cartoons were made during the 40's to 60's. Mel Blanc may be the original voice, but the characters have made appearances in new projects every few years (Roger Rabbit, Hare Jordan/Space Jam, Tiny Toons), the voices are quite reproducible.

I believe they made a movie a couple years ago, but it didn't do so well at the box-office. The time is quite ripe for them to come out as 3D computer-animated characters. It hasn't been done yet afaik, so I'm sure it's bound to happen.

You have to give it to Bugs though, he's been on screen daily for about 50 years, quite enough to shut Regis up.
  17. Dec 5, 2004 #16

jimmy p

Gold Member

Oh not Foghorn bloody Leghorn. "I say I say nah listen here bohy" said kinda like that... I hate him.
  18. Dec 6, 2004 #17
    My favourite cartoon character appears in Rocky and Bullwinkle series and is the know-it-all dog called Peabody. I find hilarious his adventures :tongue:
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?