Casey Anthony Not Guilty!

She was convicted of lying - the act of lying caused extra expenses.
I think one is a criminal case (now closed), and this new one a civil case. I believe that's how O.J. Simpson was found not guilty in one trial and sued in another.

I think one is a criminal case (now closed), and this new one a civil case. I believe that's how O.J. Simpson was found not guilty in one trial and sued in another.
Yes - she was found guilty of lying in the criminal case. Now - because she is guilty of lying and causing the Government to incur (additional) costs due to her actions (lying) - they will attempt to make her pay for those additional costs. If she hadn't lied to investigators - some of the costs would not have been incurred. It's fair - IMO.

Yes - she was found guilty of lying in the criminal case. Now - because she is guilty of lying and causing the Government to incur (additional) costs due to her actions (lying) - they will attempt to make her pay for those additional costs. If she hadn't lied to investigators - some of the costs would not have been incurred. It's fair - IMO.
I don't believe either would matter. I gave the O.J. Simpson results as an example. Even if Anthony had been not convicted of lying, the state would still be able to take her to court in a civil trial for lying. But yeah, it's fair.

I don't believe either would matter. I gave the O.J. Simpson results as an example. Even if Anthony had been not convicted of lying, the state would still be able to take her to court in a civil trial for lying. But yeah, it's fair.
OJ was taken to civil court by the families of the deceased and found "liable" for their deaths. More or less found guilty of the crime that he had been acquitted on.

OJ was taken to civil court by the families of the deceased and found "liable" for their deaths. More or less found guilty of the crime that he had been acquitted on.
Yeah, that's what I'm saying.

rhody

Gold Member
Oh no, say it is not happening again, this time with a ten month old:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/10/17/us-baby-missing-idUSTRE79F06D20111017" [Broken]
Lisa has been missing since Jeremy Irwin reported her gone from the family's Kansas City home at 4 am on October 4 when he returned from work. Police have questioned the parents at length but have not identified them or anyone else as suspects.
Rhody... :cry:

Last edited by a moderator: