Find Pictures of "Cask of Amontillado" by Edgar Allan Poe

• Thread starter franz32
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation was about finding pictures for Edgar Allan Poe's "Cask of Amontillado" for a literature project. The person asking for help was directed to two links and was advised to use Google for more options. They later expressed gratitude for the help.
franz32
hello everyone!

Am I asking a question that "properly" belongs to the correct archieve? I am asking for some help in literature.

Does anyone know where to find pictures of "CAsk of Amontillado"
by Edgar Allan Poe?

Physics news on Phys.org
Try this link.

http://www.enotes.com/cask-amontillado/

Pictures

Hmmm... I am needing of pictures/scenes that describe

the story of CAsk of Amontillado. For example, the scene when Fortunato is chained by Montressor.

Franz32 you can use google to search for pictures, don't know if anyone will have that particular scene though. Are you familiar with google?

Thanks

Hello everyone!

I have got some pictures already and I guess that is enough... =)

Thank you to all of you.

1. What is the story "Cask of Amontillado" by Edgar Allan Poe about?

The story follows the protagonist, Montresor, as he seeks revenge against his friend Fortunato for an unknown insult. He leads Fortunato into the catacombs under his home with the promise of tasting some rare Amontillado wine, but instead traps and buries him alive.

2. Where can I find pictures of the "Cask of Amontillado" by Edgar Allan Poe?

You can find pictures of the "Cask of Amontillado" by Edgar Allan Poe through a simple internet search. Many websites dedicated to the author or the story itself will have images available for viewing.

3. Are there any significant symbols or motifs in "Cask of Amontillado" by Edgar Allan Poe?

Yes, there are several symbols and motifs in the story, including the coat of arms, the Montresor family motto, the carnival season, and the theme of revenge. Each of these elements adds to the overall meaning and significance of the story.

4. What is the historical context of "Cask of Amontillado" by Edgar Allan Poe?

The story is set in Italy during the carnival season, which was a time of celebration and indulgence. This context adds to the irony and dark humor of the story, as the protagonist uses the festivities to lure his friend into a trap.

5. How does "Cask of Amontillado" by Edgar Allan Poe relate to other works by the author?

"Cask of Amontillado" shares similar themes with many of Poe's other works, such as the destructive nature of revenge and the unreliable narrator. It also showcases his mastery of suspense and the macabre, which are present in many of his stories and poems.