Cat vs Chipmunk Showdown: My Cat's Adventure

• Thread starter imsmooth
  • Start date
In summary, the cat was in a standoff with a chipmunk and the chipmunk wasn't able to defeat the cat. The cat was tolerant of the chipmunk and the chipmunk didn't attack the cat.
imsmooth
My cat in a showdown with a chipmunk

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Cool. Lucy isn't allowed outdoors. If she were, in the situation that your cat was in, she would have brought the squirrel home, housebroken it, shared her food with it, and taught it how to sleep with me without biting. (The latter being something that I wish my wife had learned.)

that induction heater is nice, too

Cute "stand-off". My dog is quite tolerant of them. He doesn't bark or act aggressive, and the 'munks that I hand-trained previously are torn. Do they approach and hope I give them seeds, or do they avoid the "bad" dog? It results in stare-downs like this, though Duke is just curious, not motivated to harm them.

The problem, Turbo, is that animals lack the rationality to overcome instinct. A dog's instinct has been purpose-bred for thousands of years, to please and obey its master. That's merely a modification of its original pack mentality. The squirrel, who is a link lower on the food chain (and has a brain the size of a pecan), doesn't know that the carnivorous dog has been bred to not eat it. Very long exposure is required for something that humans would interpret as "trust" to develop. "Trust" is a human concept, though. I'm no biologist or animal behaviourist, but my thought is that an animal's "trust" response is based solely upon an experiential lack of threats under certain circumstances.
That is assuming that the animals meet as adults or adolescents. Mutually hostile species, if raised together from birth, adopt the more basic instinct of imprinting upon each other as siblings. (I wouldn't expect it to work for a snake and a mongoose, but it seems to be pretty effective for all-mammal systems. I've seen rats being treated as kittens by cats. That was really cool, because those are my two favourite animals.)
By the bye, I just noticed that I've been referencing squirrels although the OP is about a chipmunk. That's a bit embarrassing, but it doesn't alter the things that I've said since they apply to any small fur-bearing animals.

Last edited:

1. What is "Cat vs Chipmunk Showdown: My Cat's Adventure" about?

"Cat vs Chipmunk Showdown: My Cat's Adventure" is a game where players control a cat on a quest to catch as many chipmunks as possible. The cat must navigate through different levels and obstacles to catch the chipmunks, while also avoiding enemies and collecting power-ups.

2. How do you play "Cat vs Chipmunk Showdown: My Cat's Adventure"?

Players control the cat using the keyboard or a controller. The cat can move left, right, jump, and use power-ups to catch chipmunks. The goal is to catch as many chipmunks as possible before time runs out.

3. Are there different levels in "Cat vs Chipmunk Showdown: My Cat's Adventure"?

Yes, there are multiple levels in the game, each with different challenges and obstacles. As the player progresses through the game, the levels become more difficult and new enemies are introduced.

4. Can players customize their cat in "Cat vs Chipmunk Showdown: My Cat's Adventure"?

Yes, players can unlock different skins and accessories for their cat by completing challenges or reaching certain milestones in the game. These customizations do not affect gameplay, but they allow players to personalize their cat.

5. Is "Cat vs Chipmunk Showdown: My Cat's Adventure" available on all devices?

The game is currently available on desktop computers and select mobile devices. It can be downloaded from app stores or played online through a web browser. However, some features may vary depending on the device and platform.