Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Catch 22

1. Jul 21, 2003 #1
    This is going to be another one of those threads where one person poses a question and the next person answers the question and posts another question.

The idea behind this thread is that ask which of two bad situations is better.

Here we go....

Would you rather be a man who was very well endowed but horrifyingly ugly or very good looking but extremely poorly endowed?

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 21, 2003 #2
    Well endowed and ugly- I just whip it out and.. .but that's a tough call.

You have to have sex with one of these two- no bag, full frontal- pick one

Roseann Barr
    Bea Arthur
  4. Jul 21, 2003 #3
    Rosanne Barr... she didn't look that bad after lipo and cosmetic surgery.

Would you rather be a mentally retarded child who interpreted the mockery of the other children as sincere friendship and lived happily in the oblivian of your own ignorance; or would you rather be a mentally retarded child who was just smart enough to realize that the other children were not your friends which caused to isolate yourself from others while you constantly suffered the misery of rejection.

It's a question of personal happiness over the respect of others.

5. Jul 21, 2003 #4
    personal happiness-screw the others.

Would you rather be famous or rich, but not both? And why?
    (someone asked me this once)
  6. Jul 21, 2003 #5

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Rich. Fame means loss of freedoms. Rich means more freedom.

To know all, or to feel all?

Edit: I will not even attempt to list all of the negatives.
  7. Jul 22, 2003 #6
    To feel it all- If I knew everything, I'd loose my purpose and drive in life.

Of course some of the teenagers already know it all, so let's ask them how it feels:wink:
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?