1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Cathode ray oscilliscope

1. Feb 24, 2005 #1
    what is the use of AC-GND-DC switch??

wt will happen on the screen if a dry cell is connected to the CRO with AC-GND-DC button switched to AC?? then wt will happen if GND is on??

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 24, 2005 #2

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Are we being asked your assignment questions?

Here's the deal with an oscilloscope - you simple go to one and TRY IT! Learning how an oscilloscope work from a piece of paper is like learning how to ride a bicycle simply by reading an instruction manual. It can't be done.

Look at what you're being asked, and go try it for yourself on a scope.

Zz.

4. Feb 24, 2005 #3
    of course i've tried all the questions on the work sheet......... but i missed this two!! and now i'm at home and i simply can't sneak back to sch and steal the CRO and do the experiment again!! >< i guess there'll be no change when AC is on and the trace'lll become a straight line lying on the x-axis when GND's on... hope that's right??

5. Feb 24, 2005 #4

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

May I also suggest that you post this in the appropriate section of PF? We do have a "homework help" section, which this thing qualifies.

Zz.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?