Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homework Help: Cathode ray oscilliscope

1. Feb 24, 2005 #1
    what is the use of AC-GND-DC switch??

wt will happen on the screen if a dry cell is connected to the CRO with AC-GND-DC button switched to AC?? then wt will happen if GND is on??

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 24, 2005 #2

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Are we being asked your assignment questions?

Here's the deal with an oscilloscope - you simple go to one and TRY IT! Learning how an oscilloscope work from a piece of paper is like learning how to ride a bicycle simply by reading an instruction manual. It can't be done.

Look at what you're being asked, and go try it for yourself on a scope.

Zz.

4. Feb 24, 2005 #3
    of course i've tried all the questions on the work sheet......... but i missed this two!! and now i'm at home and i simply can't sneak back to sch and steal the CRO and do the experiment again!! >< i guess there'll be no change when AC is on and the trace'lll become a straight line lying on the x-axis when GND's on... hope that's right??

5. Feb 24, 2005 #4

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

May I also suggest that you post this in the appropriate section of PF? We do have a "homework help" section, which this thing qualifies.

Zz.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook