Should I Make a Move on the Girl Who Keeps Staring at Me in Class?

• Thread starter GreenPrint
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Girl
In summary, the conversation revolves around a guy's interest in a girl he noticed in his class. He is not sure how to approach her or what to say, but he believes she may be interested in him. He also shares his views on trust and attraction, and asks for advice on how to proceed with the girl. The conversation ends with suggestions on how to start a conversation with her and possibly ask her out.
GreenPrint
I was in class a couple of days ago that meets only once a week for the first time and noticed this girl... she would look around left and right and then at me for a couple of seconds... i caught her doing it and just laughed... i wanted to make sure that she was actually looking at me and looked to the left and then looked to the right and than at her for a couple of seconds and she saw and just laughed... we did this back and forth a couple of times and i had to stay after to hand in this paper to the T.A. and she got up and left and looked at me and smiled...

I'm not really sure how to interpret all of this or what to do... I'm not really good at this... We have a optional assignment due every class and I have decided that I was going to hand in next time before class and will be available after class to say something to her... I don't know if to enter the class room early like the first one and wait for her to come in or enter the class close to the start of the class so that way I can intentionally sit next to her... last class she sat with an empty seat next to her on both sides... the class is a discussion and pretty small and most people prefer choosing the same seats in such classes to get into a habit and not having to think of were to seat each time entering class...

so I'm not exactly sure what is the best thing to do or say to her... I think there's something here but I'm not exactly sure... all I know is that when this type of thing normally happens it normally means that the girl likes you... at least when I was in high school there was this one girl who was really really hot and i stared at her a lot and she got me a couple of times and I guess figured it out that I thought she was hot and fed into it would like try to get my attention by like bending over in front of me to pick crap up she intentionally dropped or just like look into my eyes and then look away... I think she just liked the attention I gave her... at our senior graduation party I saw her grinding this guy and I lost all my respect for her completely... we are in college now and she put on like 20 pounds and she actually came up and talked to me (something she never did in high school) and I think she gets the idea that I no longer give a darn about her...

I'm at the point in my life were looks are not everything... I view trust as being the most important thing... If a girl gives you a reason not to trust her than I tend to have no interest... any girl that is drop dead gorgeous may be hard to trust and would have probably slept with like 20 guys... if I wanted to have drunk wild party sex every weekend it's no problem, I'm a freshmen in college and there's some crazy crap that goes on that you see in movies, I'm not into drinking and smoking weed and crap and partying, but like I saw a girl in tights, skirt, low cut shirt, high heals etc walking outside when it was like 40 degrees out lol...

but you this girl is attractive enough and I'm not exactly sure how to proceed or interpret what happened last class or how to further proceed or what to say... I think she likes me or at least thinks I'm attractive and I wouldn't mind going out with her...

thanks for any advice lol...

Physics news on Phys.org
lol wut?

exactly I'm not sure what to do neither

aww ^_^

I'm not sure what your 4th paragraph has to do with anything but go talk to her knucklehead!

I'm not sure what to say or if i should enter class early so i can see her walk in or late right before class starts so i can intentionally sit down next to her or at least close to her if there are no seats next to her so that way at the very least i could be sure to leave the classroom at the same time and say something not sure what though

after class as yous are all walking away your separate ways, just catch up to her and say hey and see where things go from there

Trust is good.
But the other part of that paragraph is somewhat odd skewed thinking about drop dead gorgeous girls - your drop dead is not someone elses and visa versa - its all relative to a degree.

Anyways, just ask her how she likes the class as a starter.

So, did you asked her out yet?

GreenPrint said:
I'm not sure what to say or if i should enter class early so i can see her walk in or late right before class starts so i can intentionally sit down next to her or at least close to her if there are no seats next to her so that way at the very least i could be sure to leave the classroom at the same time and say something not sure what though
One could go in early and see if she arrives. Then talk to her.

Or stay late, and see if she hangs around.

If you know her name from class, ask her if she's doing anything after class, or just engage in small talk. If nothing else, ask about the class and/or what she's studying.

If you need conversation starters, how about something like these:

How are you liking this class so far?

Have you had this professor before?

What other classes are you taking?

Or something along those lines. Like Astro suggested, before class is good, and that way there is a "stop talking now" deadline (when class starts) so you don't have to worry about keeping the conversation going - that might be good for a first contact!

Go for subtlety.

Draw a giant 10-inch wide smile in your notebook. When she walks in 10 yards away, be holding it up in front of your mouth. Guaranteed to a get a big smile back.

Next day, write your name in thick four inch tall letters in your notebook.(You will send a her a clear message and open the door if she wants to approach, but if she doesn't you've got 10 yards of rejection-buffering air).

DaveC426913 said:
Go for subtlety.

Draw a giant 10-inch wide smile in your notebook. When she walks in 10 yards away, be holding it up in front of your mouth. Guaranteed to a get a big smile back.

Next day, write your name in thick four inch tall letters in your notebook.

(You will send a her a clear message and open the door if she wants to approach, but if she doesn't you've got 10 yards of rejection-buffering air).

I love it! That sure would have worked on me.

DaveC426913 said:
Go for subtlety.

No offense Dave, but if I did that I'd have to kick my own ***.

GreenPrint, if there's one thing I've learned about girls (which isn't much, I'm with Hawking on this one) its that they like confidence. Just start up some small talk and have some self esteem and things will be fine. If she blows you off when you're just trying to have a simple conversation then she's probably a @#$%& and not worth perusing.

GreenPrint said:
I was in class a couple of days ago that meets only once a week for the first time and noticed this girl... she would look around left and right and then at me for a couple of seconds... i caught her doing it and just laughed... i wanted to make sure that she was actually looking at me and looked to the left and then looked to the right and than at her for a couple of seconds and she saw and just laughed... we did this back and forth a couple of times and i had to stay after to hand in this paper to the T.A. and she got up and left and looked at me and smiled...

I'm not really sure how to interpret all of this or what to do... I'm not really good at this... We have a optional assignment due every class and I have decided that I was going to hand in next time before class and will be available after class to say something to her... I don't know if to enter the class room early like the first one and wait for her to come in or enter the class close to the start of the class so that way I can intentionally sit next to her... last class she sat with an empty seat next to her on both sides... the class is a discussion and pretty small and most people prefer choosing the same seats in such classes to get into a habit and not having to think of were to seat each time entering class...

so I'm not exactly sure what is the best thing to do or say to her... I think there's something here but I'm not exactly sure... all I know is that when this type of thing normally happens it normally means that the girl likes you... at least when I was in high school there was this one girl who was really really hot and i stared at her a lot and she got me a couple of times and I guess figured it out that I thought she was hot and fed into it would like try to get my attention by like bending over in front of me to pick crap up she intentionally dropped or just like look into my eyes and then look away... I think she just liked the attention I gave her... at our senior graduation party I saw her grinding this guy and I lost all my respect for her completely... we are in college now and she put on like 20 pounds and she actually came up and talked to me (something she never did in high school) and I think she gets the idea that I no longer give a darn about her...

I'm at the point in my life were looks are not everything... I view trust as being the most important thing... If a girl gives you a reason not to trust her than I tend to have no interest... any girl that is drop dead gorgeous may be hard to trust and would have probably slept with like 20 guys... if I wanted to have drunk wild party sex every weekend it's no problem, I'm a freshmen in college and there's some crazy crap that goes on that you see in movies, I'm not into drinking and smoking weed and crap and partying, but like I saw a girl in tights, skirt, low cut shirt, high heals etc walking outside when it was like 40 degrees out lol...

but you this girl is attractive enough and I'm not exactly sure how to proceed or interpret what happened last class or how to further proceed or what to say... I think she likes me or at least thinks I'm attractive and I wouldn't mind going out with her...

thanks for any advice lol...
Just be yourself and talk to her. She'll either like you or she won't. There's only one way to find out.

What's wrong with walking up to her and saying, "Hi, I'm <blank>. What's your name?" Sometimes trying to come up with something clever just ends up creating an awkward situation, especially if you aren't comfortable in these situations as mentioned in your OP.

If after telling her your name she seems interested in continuing the conversation and shows some interest in your thoughts, then I'd say that's a good sign. :smile:

Smiling is very important! Make sure to smile when you introduce yourself, but don't do it too often because it can start to look weird.

Tell the stalker to quit staring at you, obviously.

DaveC426913 said:
Go for subtlety.

Draw a giant 10-inch ...

At this point I was not expecting to read "wide smile" but you're clearly a much better person than I am :D

Kalidor said:
At this point I was not expecting to read "wide smile" but you're clearly a much better person than I am :D

My thoughts exactly.

ah, she likes you! ask her out!

Kalidor said:

:rofl:

DaveC426913 said:
Go for subtlety.

(You will send a her a clear message and open the door if she wants to approach, but if she doesn't you've got 10 yards of rejection-buffering air).

Amen.

1. Why do girls stare at me?

There could be a variety of reasons why a girl may be staring at you. It could be because she finds you attractive, she recognizes you from somewhere, or she may be trying to figure out if she knows you. It's best not to jump to conclusions and instead, try to make eye contact and see if she smiles or looks away.

2. Is it a bad thing if a girl stares at me?

Not necessarily. It all depends on the context and the situation. If the girl seems uncomfortable or is staring in a creepy way, then it may be a cause for concern. But if she seems curious or interested, it could be a good thing. Again, it's best to try and make eye contact and gauge her reaction.

3. How should I respond if a girl is staring at me?

If you're interested in her, you could try smiling or making eye contact to see if she responds positively. If you're not interested, it's best to just ignore it and go about your day. Staring back or making rude comments could potentially escalate the situation and make it uncomfortable for both parties.

4. What if I catch a girl staring at me multiple times?

If it happens repeatedly, it could be a sign that she is interested in you. You could try initiating a conversation or asking a mutual friend about her. However, it's important to respect her boundaries and not make her feel uncomfortable.

5. Why do I feel uncomfortable when a girl stares at me?

Feeling uncomfortable when someone is staring at you is a natural reaction. It could be because you're not used to the attention or you're unsure of the person's intentions. Try to stay calm and remember that there could be many reasons why someone is staring at you. If it becomes too overwhelming, you could always politely ask the person to stop.