Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

CD copying protect

1. Aug 10, 2006 #1
    I have built my own CD and don't want it to be copied by the others..I need some way to protect it from copying,is there ensurance way to do that?!

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 10, 2006 #2
    stick a fales 'protection' file hidden on it so you can trace it, make it so that you are the only one that can remove it, then, bobs your uncle, youve done it

4. Aug 10, 2006 #3

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Copy-protection is a cat and mouse game. You can purchase some of the more elaborate and effective copy protection schemes from a number of companies (they are not cheap, however!).

The truth is, though, that virtually every copy-protection scheme in existence has been broken. Such schemes may prevent a casual user from copying your disc, but they won't stop anyone who really knows what they're doing.

- Warren

5. Aug 10, 2006 #4

NoTime

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I once had someone tell me his program was written to the hardware and that it could never run from any other device or be copied.
    Very certain and insistant about this. :uhh:

I gave him a version he could load on his hard drive by lunchtime. :rofl:
    I never did tell him how I did it either :devil:

It really is much as Chroot says.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?