1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

CDnow and Amazon

1. Sep 28, 2005 #1
    I just recently started noticing the "club price" at amazon.com for cds and it seems like it could save quite a bit of money, but I am wondering if this is something that should be taken advantage of. So, have any of you used, or heard about, CDnow through Amazon? Or does everyone still pirate their music :smile:

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 28, 2005 #2

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

I bought from CDnow before Amazon bought them out. I have purchased from CDnow and BarnesandNoble.com.

I also buy from specialty houses and producers directly depending on the artist.

I did download quite a few MP3's way back in the beginning of file sharing. But then, I mostly had vinyl LP's and went ahead a bought the CD's, most of which I had already on vinyl. So I have two copies of many songs.

So I am not too worried about copyright infringement.

For a much bigger European selection - www.groove.nl - they have stuff unavailable in the US.

4. Sep 29, 2005 #3
    Thanks, I think I will try them out tonight or sometime this weekend.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?