Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Ceiling fan blade design

1. Nov 23, 2014 #1
    For the final year project that i am doing, I need to design a high efficiency ceiling fan blade with airfoil section, tapered and also twisting. Can anyone tell me how can i obtain the optimum pitch angle for different section of my ceiling fan blade?

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 23, 2014 #2

Danger

Gold Member

I doubt that an "airfoil section" will make much difference over a flat angled blade in a ceiling fan situation. Most use very broad "paddles" as opposed to "propellors" such as an aeroplane would have. They just don't spin fast enough to use a narrow blade. It's hard to impart an airfoil shape to a fat one. I might be missing something here, though, so wait for a response from someone else.

4. Nov 24, 2014 #3
    no one is replying me...zzzzzz.. tis article have show that the airfoil section for ceiling fan blade is practical

Attached Files:

5. Nov 24, 2014 #4

Danger

Gold Member

I stand corrected, and am actually quite impressed by those figures. In my defence, I didn't realize that the blades started with a 6.5" chord and then tapered down. I was envisioning about half of that.
    Hang in there; somebody is eventually going to show up.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook