1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Cell Division

1. Jul 16, 2011 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

Albinism in humans is controlled by a recessive allele. How many copies of this allele will be found at one of the poles of a cell at telophase I of meiosis in an albino person.
    A.23
    B.4
    C.2
    D.1

2. Relevant equations
    3. The attempt at a solution
    Let rr be the recessive allele for Albinism. During interphase, there will be 2 of rr due to duplication. Therefore, when they are sperated by the pole.
    there would be 1 rr on the left and 1 rr on the right. Therefore telophase 1, will contain one rr in one nucleus and one rr in the other.

So my ans is D

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 16, 2011 #2
    Hmm i hav a 2nd attempt though and i think it shld be correct:
    Let r be a recessive allele. A person with albino will be rr. Therefore, this wil duplicate during interphase resulting in 2(rr). Therefore, each pole will have 2(r). Therefore ans is C.

4. Jul 17, 2011 #3
    So, what's your question? ;-)

5. Jul 17, 2011 #4
    The question is on top liao. As for the attempt, it is the 2nd post

6. Jul 17, 2011 #5
    No, I understand what question you were asked. I see that you've answered it. Now, what is your question?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook