Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Cell Phone External Timer

1. Feb 26, 2008 #1
    I am doing a project for school and I am urgently trying to figure this stuff out:

1. A way to turn off then power on my cell phone every 24 hours with some type of external timer.

2. I would also like to implement if at all possible some type of external on/off switch besides the traditional key on the keypad. So if I place the phone in a box I can run wires to the outside of the box so I can turn the phone off and on without having to open the box.

The phone needs to be plugged into a powersource constantly. The mini USB port is being used for the wall charger so I'm guessing it needs to take place where the battery contacts the board. I included a diagram for my idea, and a picture of the phones circuit board and circled where the battery contact was removed. I also included a link to a 24 hour circuit timer I was looking at using. I'm sort of a newbie at this stuff and was wondering if I'm heading in the right direction. Any input, advice, or suggestions from you experienced guys would help alot. Thanks.

Diagram for my idea:

Phone's Circuit Board: (Battery Contact circled)

Cell Phone Battery:

DIGITAL CLOCK W/ 24 HOUR TIMER (I was looking at possibly using this)
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted