- Cellphone Tower Radiation - tomorrow i must decide

In summary, people are concerned about the radiation from cell towers and are asking questions about how the radiation compares to other forms of radiation.

radiationman said:
How many double blind studies on ES has been done?

If multiple studies give these same results, then I will believe ES is a myth.
If it's only that one study though, their testing method (THE EMF they produced)
might not have been the same kind of EMF like that which floats around in the "real world".

Let's not go into this whole "different to the real world" rubbish. They tested it with a mobile phone base station setup. Identical to the real world.

I suggest you read the report and stop looking for excuses - that is what crackpots do and you are now clutching at straws to defend you obviously flawed beliefs.
Has Prof. Jørgen Bach Andersen already published his result on the research done on ES?

Well the University of Essex performed the study and it was over 3 years. Yes, they have been published as far as I'm aware.

Let's put this another way. We have verifiable, mainstream scientific evidence showing it isn't real. You have nothing aside from, based on a quick Google, a load of crackpot sites. Which is the logical one to believe? Which one proves what they claim?

Science news on Phys.org

radiationman said:
Let's please get it over with, and give me the results... please . :approve:

You have the maths, plug in the numbers. You might learn something interesting.
And also needed: more links to double blind studies on ES :)

Google is your friend.

I used an online translator to help with the english and came to this conclusion

100 : (4 x 3.1415 x 80²) = 0.00124 W/m² :tongue:

the wikipedia page on electrosensitivity talks about 30+ double blind studies that proved how people who claimed to be ES could not distinguish between real and fake EMF.

if the electrosensitives would doubt scientific experiments,
then a group of electrosensitives could easily and very cheaply make such a scientific double blind study by themselves...
but after all these years they have not.

so, the lack of double blinds that prove ES exists
and the abundance of double blinds that prove ES is (always?) psychosomatic...

is convincing me that ES is in fact a myth.

Extreme levels of EMF can be felt. Some base (parachute) jumpers were doing jumps from a high powered AM radio tower (it had an elevator). If they went to the top level, near the 50,000 watt antenna, they would get headaches if they stayed there for more than a few seconds. The field was strong enough to mess up the camcorder recordings they were making. Probably wasn't a healthy activity, but then again, they're base jumpers.

rcgldr said:
Extreme levels of EMF can be felt. Some base (parachute) jumpers were doing jumps from a high powered AM radio tower (it had an elevator). If they went to the top level, near the 50,000 watt antenna, they would get headaches if they stayed there for more than a few seconds. The field was strong enough to mess up the camcorder recordings they were making. Probably wasn't a healthy activity, but then again, they're base jumpers.

This has little bearing on the 'electrosensitivity' issue. Purely because of the levels being discussed.

I have no doubt that given enough energy there would be some effect, but these levels are extreme to say the least, and do not indicate a person is 'electrosensitive' in any way.

rcgldr said:
Extreme levels of EMF can be felt. Some base (parachute) jumpers were doing jumps from a high powered AM radio tower (it had an elevator). If they went to the top level, near the 50,000 watt antenna, they would get headaches if they stayed there for more than a few seconds. The field was strong enough to mess up the camcorder recordings they were making.
Well that's just great, if radiationman has read this, he's heading for parts unknown about now...:wink:

PhanthomJay said:
Well that's just great, if radiationman has read this, he's heading for parts unknown about now...:wink:

In all seriousness, it's the reason why I got my disclaimer in ASAP.

how much is the natural human energy field by the way?

"natural human energy field"?

We are potentially straying way too far into pseudoscience here.

I assume you mean energy output of a human, which is around 100W.

jarednjames said:
"natural human energy field"?

We are potentially straying way too far into pseudoscience here.

I assume you mean energy output of a human, which is around 100W.

And "output" means that your body is using chemical reactions to produce heat and energy to use to live, not that there's some sort of 100W electric field around everyone.

Drakkith said:
And "output" means that your body is using chemical reactions to produce heat and energy to use to live, not that there's some sort of 100W electric field around everyone.

Yes, well spotted.

thanks

I got an email notification about a post on this thread by Mr.Wendell but it doesn't appear to be here. Has it been deleted? I have had this problem before and it is confusing. If the post has been removed, would it not be possible to indicate as much - or at least keep to the hash numbers as they were, so that there would be an obvious gap in the sequence on the thread?

He did post and used unacceptable links to support his arguments (crackpot website).

If the posts aren't in the thread it's a sign they've been deleted for whatever reason. Personally I think having inconsistent post numbers would only serve to confuse people even more.

Would it be difficult just to say "Post #345 deleted" in it place. No explanation would be necessary and it would not be at all confusing - for you or for me! ;-)

Websites do 'break' sometimes and a naughty contributor may not get the message. (May not read PMs either)

Yes, posts have been deleted, sorry for the confusion.

I'm not ratty about this ( :grumpy: ) but sometimes an old geezer can easily be confused ( :confused: ). I'm sure that this is sorted on other forums so it can't be too hard to do.

Does it matter? No one on this half of the planet is going to give up their cellular device regardless.. And once more another good reason to take your phone from your face and text

Topic locked. Decision was made on January 6th.