1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Cells in parallel

1. Aug 12, 2005 #1
    When the cells are connected in parallel, what happens to the total current drawn when compared with the arrangement that the cells are connected in series?
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 12, 2005 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

That looks like something you could easily look up in text book. Have you tried that?
  4. Aug 12, 2005 #3
    Look up Kirchoffs laws and Mesh and node analysis. It should all be in the text book
  5. Aug 13, 2005 #4
    Then, say, when 3 cells of 1.5 V are connected in parallel with a fixed resistor, will the total current drawn be larger than the cells connected in series? Why?
  6. Aug 13, 2005 #5
    Have you tried posting something useful up, you sarcastic prat.

When in parallel the current is shared in each component according to (V/Ri)

Whilst in series equal current goes through each component

7. Aug 13, 2005 #6

Homework Helper

Watch your words!!!!! :grumpy:
    Viet Dao,
  8. Aug 13, 2005 #7

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

I don't consider things that prevent a person from learning to be "useful". Being handed answers only prevents a person from learning how to do it himself. Your attitude has consistently been "Please help me trick my teacher into giving me a passing grade without actually having to learn anything." I don't understand why you bother.
  9. Aug 16, 2005 #8

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

What is the voltage of the parallel cells?

What does Ohms law tell you about the current?
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?