1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Cellullar Respiration

1. Oct 29, 2009 #1
    I have a paper a lab discussion paper to write about Celluluar respiration. In the experiment an assortment of apples at very ages were used. The apples were put into a respirometer(sp) along with KOH pellets with a stopper that would later be injected by dye. What I donot understand is what is occuring in this process. Is the apple asorbing or giving off oxgen. What are the KOH pellets doing. I plan to write my discussion about how the fruit is losing energy as it respires thus making is uncoumable by people. In my paper I have to write about the pratical use of my findings in the experiment. I just want to make sure I am approaching the right subject. Could I also include factors like temperature as the limits of my experiment? Any addition information you might have I would appreciate.

Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 30, 2009 #2

Ouabache

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Welcome eurkaryote to PH (physicsforums)!! If you haven't looked around yet, you will find a lot of interesting threads here and helpful, likeminded people. Your thread poses a fascinating topic. I wonder what level or grade is this for?

You may also want to review some of the stickies to help you when you post. A good one to start with is this one. It reminds you how to construct a thread. For example, showing your own work. In your example, explain your own understanding or analysis of your experiment and where you become confused.

I have never done your experiment but found the answers to your questions with proper researching on the web. Is there a special significance to the first r in your user name?

Last edited: Oct 30, 2009
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook