1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics CEng & CPhys?

1. Jan 16, 2017 #1
    Hi all,

I hope someone can enlighten me.

I have just recently graduated (2016) with an MSci Physics degree, and landed my first job as an engineer. The company specializes in manufacturing of infrared optics. Its a very small company but currently getting excellent experience. I've been here for approx 5-6 Months.

As the title of this thread suggests, I'm ambitious to obtain charter-ship for both engineering and physics. I consider it my next career goal to make. Since my career path follows an engineering agenda, I'm confident the CEng title will present itself especially if im working hard towards it.

However, I am stuck on how to achieve the CPhys title if I'm always in a engineering role. The Institute of Physics description of it I found quite vague. Do I need to be in a research environment? Can I practice Physics in my own time and still get the charter-ship? Does attacking physics related problems in an engineering role count towards a charter-ship? I do not know any chartered engineers or physicists, thus no advice on how to approach this.

If anyone could enlighten me and/or give me advice towards setting out to achieve this, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

https://www.linkedin.com/in/steveegeorge?trk=nav_responsive_tab_profile [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 16, 2017 #2

Choppy

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted