Why is censoring nudity more important than censoring violence on American TV?

• Thread starter leopard
  • Start date
In summary, the show followed cops at work and while they censored a topless woman's breasts, they did not censor a man who had pissed on a building. They argued with him and then fought with him until he was covered in blood. Some people think that breasts are more harmful than violence, and others believe that women should be allowed to go topless in public.
leopard
I just saw an episode of a program (don't remember the name) that follows cops at work. The program was really bad, but one thing stroke me. When the police arrested a girl for walking topless in the streets at night, her boobs were censored. Later they captured a riotous guy who had pissed on a building. They forced him violently to the ground and fought with him till his face was covered in blood. Nothing was censored.

What are they thinking? Are a couple of boobs really more harmful than watching a violent fight?

One can watch war, killing and all kinds on misery in the news every day, but something as natural and guiltless as a woman's body has to be censored?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
i have to agree with you. a woman should be able to walk around wearing as little as she pleases without being hassled. male nudity, however, should be strictly forbidden. who the heck wants to see that?

I think women should be allowed to walk topless in public when men can. But that's a little off my point; what makes tits more harmful than violence? And who is this bad for? Small children, whose first experience in this world was sucking tits?

leopard said:
I think women should be allowed to walk topless in public when men can. But that's a little off my point; what makes tits more harmful than violence? And who is this bad for? Small children, whose first experience in this world was sucking tits?

I'd like to suggest to you, leopard, that you substitute "breasts" for the word you would prefer to use. This is a family site, after all.

Last time I checked, the t-word was not considered swearing, but I'll let you have it your way.

You can't use that word in America it's in the http://www.google.com/search?q=consbreastution

Actually you can use that word as long as you make it clear that it is the old english spelling of 'teat' - you don't want to annoy the Chaucer fans, they can get medieval on your ***

i don't understand why **** should be vulgar, but it is. actually, scratch that, i do. vulgar is from the Latin for "common". vulgar language is what is used by the ill-educated, unwashed masses of commoners, and we good decent folk prefer multisyllabic references to distinguish ourselves as non-vulgar.

that said, "boobs" is a warm and friendly term used also by females. try boobs.

Last edited by a moderator:
What an ignorant post. Do you know how many people died when Janet Jackson exposed her unmentionable? People's faces literally melted off like in Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Don't be fooled, the very thought of intercourse or of naked bodies has killed billions of people every day. Need I remind you of the Trojan war?

There is nothing more vile and disgusting than a naked woman's body.Right ladies?

mgb_phys said:
You can't use that word in America it's in the http://www.google.com/search?q=consbreastution

Actually you can use that word as long as you make it clear that it is the old english spelling of 'teat' - you don't want to annoy the Chaucer fans, they can get medieval on your ***

***=arse?

WarPhalange said:
What an ignorant post. Do you know how many people died when Janet Jackson exposed her unmentionable? People's faces literally melted off like in Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Don't be fooled, the very thought of intercourse or of naked bodies has killed billions of people every day. Need I remind you of the Trojan war?

There is nothing more vile and disgusting than a naked woman's body.

Right ladies?

Trojan war? My pun detector just went off.

Justin Timberlake is about to get mauled by a cougar and all you can think of is sex? I don't care what the writers of Desperate Housewifes and Sex in the City have to say about it, it's not sexy.

Cyrus said:
***=arse?
Equus asinus

You can be as rude as you like so long as you do it in latin and not anglo-saxon.

mgb_phys said:
Equus asinus

You can be as rude as you like so long as you do it in latin and not anglo-saxon.

maximus boobisizeinus. Written in roman numerals as: M(.Y.)=:-)!

This thread is stupid and our profanity filter is in need of calibration. Thread closed.

What is censorship on American TV?

Censorship on American TV refers to the practice of restricting or prohibiting certain content from being broadcasted on television in the United States. This can include language, nudity, violence, and other sensitive topics.

Why is censorship on American TV necessary?

Censorship on American TV is necessary to protect viewers, particularly children, from being exposed to inappropriate content. It also ensures that the values and standards of the society are reflected in the media.

Who is responsible for censoring content on American TV?

The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) is responsible for regulating and enforcing censorship on American TV. They have guidelines and regulations in place that TV networks and stations must follow.

What are the consequences for violating censorship regulations on American TV?

Violating censorship regulations on American TV can result in fines and penalties for the network or station. In extreme cases, a show may even be cancelled if it consistently violates censorship guidelines.

Is censorship on American TV considered a violation of the First Amendment?

Censorship on American TV is a complex issue, as it involves balancing the protection of free speech with the protection of public interest. While some may argue that it is a violation of the First Amendment, the Supreme Court has upheld the FCC's authority to regulate broadcasted content in the interest of the public.

Back