Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Censorship without merit

1. Oct 13, 2009 #1
    I posted a message in the Lounge -> General section earlier today concerning Physorg's bias applying it's own rules, wronging nearly a dozen and a half readers.

The thread was yanked and a "warning" given in PM from Evo, but it won't allow me to respond. He/she did not detail why the thread was yanked only telling me to "read the rules".

I read the rules on signing up, I posted the thread in the appropriate section and kept my language respectful.

I can't think of any reasonable explanation for why the thread would be removed, aside from protecting your "partner" site. Perhaps both sites have an undue bias and quickness to censor opposing viewpoints.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 13, 2009 #2

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Matthias, as Evo pointed out, we have no control over what happens at another site. Coming here to kvetch about what is happening over there serves no useful purpose.

4. Oct 13, 2009 #3

George Jones

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Nor do we have any way of knowing what posts, if any, were removed. Coming here and asking people to respond to unknowable actions on another forum was inappropriate.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook