1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Centripetal acceleration

1. Feb 19, 2007 #1
    HELP....new physical science student seeking to understand physics. Can you help me with this problem

A race car goes around a level, circular track with a diameer of 1.00 km at a constant speed of 90.0 km/h. What is the car's centripetal acceleration in m/s2?

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 19, 2007 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hi marla,
    Seeking to understand, or just want the solution to the problem...?:rolleyes:

Either way, please observe the forum template;
  4. Feb 19, 2007 #3
    i need help with the formula to solve this problem. I know this is probably a super simple question but I am a struggling science student that really wants to be successful in this class. Don't just want the answer....want to understand how to solve.
  5. Feb 19, 2007 #4

Gold Member

Would it help if I told you that centripetal acceleration is somehow related to tangential and angular velocity?
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?