The mass of an electron is 9 x 10-31 kg. The mass of a proton is 1.7 x 10-27 kg. The proton and electron are about 1.0 x 10-10 m apart in a hydrogen atom. What force of gravitation exists between the proton and the electron of a hydrogen atom? What is the centripetal acceleration of the electron?
Fg = G*m1*m2/d^2
* Fg is the magnitude of the gravitational force between the two point masses,
* G is the gravitational constant,
* m1 is the mass of the first point mass,
* m2 is the mass of the second point mass,
* r is the distance between the two point masses.
ar = v2 / r
ar is centripetal acceleration
v is velocity in meters per second,
r is the radius of the circle in meters
The Attempt at a Solution
I plugged in the infomation to find the gravitational force and got 1.02051 x 10^-47
but it doesn't give us the nessicary information to find the centripetal acceleration... I don't think.. can anyone help me with this?