Ceramic Cutting Tools

Main Question or Discussion Point

Could somebody help me to get information of cutting speed and depth of cut for ceramic cutting tools?
I would need to have a data for all the ceramic types.
Thanks!

Answers and Replies

brewnog
Science Advisor
Gold Member
The manufacturer's technical data sheets should tell you everything you need to know.

A vague question gets a vague answer, so as a guide, for turning, carbide coated tools run at cutting speeds from 25-360m/s, at feed speeds between 0.25-1.5mm/rev.

Last edited:
Clearing up!

Thanks Brewnog!!

The thing is, at the company that I work will start to sell Ceramic Cutting Tools and I don't have a technical sheet for it, therefore I want a help to get it in order to formulate one of our own.

Thanks for your help!

brewnog
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I wouldn't start recommending customers with feeds and speeds based on the information I gave you; those details were just typical values for a wide range of workpiece materials and tool types.

The tool manufacturer will be able to give you all the technical data you need.

Thanks!!

It happens that my sister company is the manufacturer and they don't have this info., therefore I need to put it together in order to start selling it.
I've got some info. from Kennametal, but it's metal inserts.
(http://chris.gillings.com/collect/slide/kennametal_csc.html)

fcesar: Obrigado, já havia pesquisado neste site, mas gratuitamente não da acesso a este conteúdo!

brewnog
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I'm a bit concerned that the manufacturer doesn't have information for safe cutting speeds, let alone recommended feeds and speeds!

JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
I'm a bit concerned that the manufacturer doesn't have information for safe cutting speeds, let alone recommended feeds and speeds!
I guess that's no-brand quality right there.